or Connect

Posts by Lula's Mom

My 12-year-old has had braces for a year.  Her ortho is Dr. Crosby at www.pediatricdentaltown.com.  He's been really great.  We also see Dr. Hansen there for general ped dentistry, and we love him too!
Dr Hansen is wonderful, can't say enough good things about him.  He does recommend fluoride, but you as the parent are always free to decline it, or to question anything with him.  He never pushes if I don't want to do something his way, and I always question things!  We went from a ped dentist with a serious God complex to Dr. Hansen, and he is just so kind and gentle.  The least overbearing doctor ever.  He recommends and sells xylitol products, which I think do...
I have friends who go to Dr. Boudreaux at http://www.primarycarepediatrics.com/  I think she may be what you're looking for, and somewhat closer than Kute.   
I'm sorry, I don't have a name for you.  But have you looked into general practitioners instead of peds?  We have a great family doctor.  She's holistic, and sees all of us, not just the kids.  Good luck!
I don't know this doctor, but I read an article today about her practice opening in Roswell, and decided to look up her website.  It's definitely intriguing, and a different approach than a lot of other doctors in town take!  Anyway, I know many people come on here looking for a holistic ped, or one who won't push vaccinations.  Her FAQ says she doesn't even offer them.  So, just FYI: All Worlds Pediatrics
It *can* become non-retractable again.  My son has been on antibiotics for Lyme disease for 4 months, and that resulted in a yeast overgrowth for him.  After we cleared it up and it stopped being red, swollen and itchy, it no longer retracted.  He had been retractable starting at 3 1/2, and at 7 he's not anymore.  I'm sure that eventually he'll be able to pull it back again.  I think Dr. Fleiss addressed this unretractability-after-infection/irritation somewhere.
With my first, we didn't know what to do, so we decided to delay until she was 2.  At 2, she had been beautifully healthy and we had researched more, so we decided not to vaccinate at all. None of my 4 kids have had any shots.   Great post on pertussis, Rachel!  My daughter did get what was most likely whooping cough when she was somewhere around 3.  I say most likely because we did not take her to be officially diagnosed, but she had the terrible cough with the...
If anybody runs across a sports-style nursing or even non-nursing regular cami-bra in chocolate brown, can you please tell me??  I have been looking everywhere and just can't find one.  I like to wear deep V-neck tops that I can pull aside to nurse, but I need a cami-type bra to fill in the chest space so it's not too lowcut.  Brown is my favorite color and I wear it so often, but all of my bras are these:  black, grey, red or white.  I have seen nursing tanks in brown,...
Rightie is my bigger producer, too.  There are many more holes on that side.  All 3 of my older kids definitely preferred that one.  My first named them "Eats" (the right, where you go if you are very hungry) and "Milks" (the left, where you go if you just need a little sip) when she was a toddler.     I'm tandeming with my 2-year-old, and so far the baby will nurse either side.  But I think I worry about him not getting enough when he nurses on the left, since I...
Nicole, if you end up having to supplement a little, can you get the ready-to-drink formula?  When you said Enfamil Newborn, it caught my eye.  I read an article about a baby who died last week from an infection with a rare bacteria that's been known to show up in powdered formula.  He was drinking Enfamil Newborn. Enfamil says that tests on other formula from that batch have come back negative, but I'd want to go with non-powdered if I needed to supplement.    edit:...