or Connect

Posts by ilovebabies

Marnica, love the Thomas Jefferson quote!!
Thank so much.  I apologize if I posted this in the wrong area.  He smashed it playing with daddy's car jack (after being told many times to leave daddy's tools alone...sigh) but he was such a trooper.  I haven't taken him into the doctor because... well... we do that as little as possible.  It looks like it's going to be ok but we are keeping an eye on it.  I was just a little concerned about the whole tetanus thing. It's the only one that makes me a little nervous from...
We don't vaccinate at all.  Sunday my 5 yr. old smashed his thumb pretty badly and I am not sure if I should be concerned about tetanus.  He was in a lot of pain for the rest of the evening but the next morning he said it didn't hurt any more but he could still feel it (so it's not numb).  It's still swollen and very full of blood on and all around the nail, on the underside of his thumb (huge blood blister) and it just looks awful.  We do not think it's broken and he...
I've struggled with the same issue since the birth of my daughter nearly 5 years ago. It has come and gone and some weeks are worse than others. It was starting to cause me anxiety because bedtime had become the enemy. Just the thought of trying to go to sleep caused anxiety which made it worse, and thus the vicious cycle. I struggle with a low but manageable level of anxiety anyway, but it's enough to keep me up at night just like what you mentioned, and my brain won't...
Thanks so much for your replies. I agree with the scare tactic on both sides of the issue. I get scared either way and that's why I haven't done anything because I'd rather wait until I'm absolutely sure. Still sitting on the fence with some vaccines. Wish I could feel sure one way or the other. Would like to hear more responses.
With all the information out there, good arguments on both sides I think, what were your deciding factors in choosing to selectively or delay vaccinations? Have you been completely comfortable with your decision or do you have regrets? (I'm asking these questions because although I currently do not vax, I re-visit the subject occasionally because I'm not always comfortable with that decision. I come back to research some more, and am currently really on the fence...
Thanks you peainthepod!!
Does the book Raising a Vaccine Free Child, Wendy Lydall tell you you how to treat the diseases if your child were to contract one? That's what I'm looking for. I want to have something on my bookshelf that I can refer to if my child were to contract one of the diseases, also what to look for if I suspect they might have one, etc. Any other book ideas on this topic would be appreciated! I checked up in resources that are archived but Wendy's book is the only one I...
For about a week my right eye (occasionally my left but near as much) has been hurting, especially if I move them to look to the side or up. It's kind of an "achy feeling, as if the muscles are sore or something? It's really bothering me. I did have a sore throat for a couple days this week and feel just a bit sinusy (my kids have been sick). Could this be related to sinus or is it something else? Trying to figure it out and can't find much about it! Any thought? ...
Quote: Originally Posted by HRJ I am right.there.with.you. DS is 5 1/2 and unvaxxed. I'm PG and due in March - scared about these outbreaks. Unfortunately, there are 4 children w/ autism on DHs side of the family, DS used to body slam himself if he ate casein, and I have multiple autoimmune issues, so DH still doesn't want to get the vaccine. I am just lost. But I have done a lot of research! Sanofi makes three different ones: Deptacel,...