or Connect

Posts by ma_vie_en_rose

My 5yo has officially reached 40# and rides in a Graco Nautilus. I am trying to figure out if my Mazda CX-9 2008 LATCH system maxes out at 40# or if it goes to 48# like the seat maxes out at. There is NOTHING listed in the Mazda manual. Everything I come across online says they just defer it to the seat max and that they are skirting the law verbiage in FMVSS 225. I want to know if it has been tested for safety at 48# or not. I would much prefer to keep the seat...
I liked Bella Luna Toys on FB!
I like MDC on FB.
This will pass. You have four years of building a good relationship with her that she can trust. People are perfect. You have shown her that you can apologize for your mistakes, too. Just keep trying to treat her in a way that she trusts, and she will come around.
In addition to showing how to gently touch whatever it is my DD3 is touching, I turn it on her and pet her gently like a game. She finds it hilarious and tries to them imitate it on me or the cat. Sometimes we play with a doll and do it. It just takes a lot of repetition. DD3 is to the point now where she may start out too rough but changes immediately with a reminder to be gentle.
Not much to add from above. The one thing I was not prepared for with the birth of our first DD was how different my love for my own child was compared to my love for my step-daughter. It took me a while to accept that it was okay for it to be different because it didn't mean I loved her any less than my own child. Does that make any sense? The bond is different since my DD is my own. I had to be mindful that DH and I did not take sides which did happen on occasion and...
Well, DSD is kind of in this position only it is with her mother bullying her. She comes to us venting her frustration. DH has attempted to talk with her about the issues, but she only blows up at him. DSD is at an age now that we have really been able to encourage her to talk with her mother about how she feels. On a few occasions, DH has been able to tell his ex that DSD has told him that she really needs some time to speak with her mom. Her mom then has set some time to...
Quote: Originally Posted by brookie514 I think this is different than a trip to the mall or something. Appearing as the non-blended family in public simply because you don't hang a sign around your neck stating otherwise is totally different than making a presentation about your family and pretending to be said non-blended family. Did that make any sense??? : I would have smoke blowing out my ears if my DH's ex ever did something like...
In the Katy-area, we see Dr. Benjamin Po. We love him and have recommended him to several families that love him as well. I had a feeling it would be a good fit on the first visit when I was wearing DD2, and he marveled at us saying his wife wore all their children. He knows we are a committed nursing family (DD2 is still going at nearly 4yo) and has never said anything about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by sbgrace On Christmas day even in front of our large picture window I couldn't get any decent pictures of the kids without flash (and with flash I got the issues that ruin pictures too). My best ever shots were some baby ones I took in front of a window when the boys were three weeks old and outdoor shots as they were older. I know natural light is the best. But what about things like Christmas day when you've got to be...