or Connect

Posts by bfw0729

Wow, my feelings were very similar to yours. I had a csection in 2006 and 21 months later I had a homebirth vbac. I was very scared of a rupture - very scared - and didn't even decide to homebirth until I was 35/36 weeks pregnant. I read TONS of peer reviewed journals through my university (I attended a university with a medical school) about risk of uterine rupture after a cesarean birth, especially in light of the fact that I became pregnant 12 months postpartum, had a...
I've been following the pregnancy threads lately, that's how I found out about you HoP! Forgive me for spoiling your news in any way.   Even though I exclusively nurse, all day and night (baby girl also doesn't use a paci or suck any fingers), AF returned at 8 months pp. She's also 26 lbs and is a chunky little one :) she's my biggest baby so far at this stage of the game.   If I do become pregnant, I hope I could possibly continue to nurse this little one. I was able...
My little baby is now 10 months and still not eating solids, only nurses. With that said, I have been thinking a lot about having another little one.  Anyone else already thinking about getting pregnant again or feel it's a little too soon?     Side note: I noticed that House of Peace is pregnant - congratulations! - and my feelings have now intensified :)
HoP - I saw that you are pregnant with you sixth! Congratulations!!! That is really exciting! 
This almost always works.   Take a regular straw and place it in a cup full of water. Capture some water in the straw by putting your finger over the top of the straw. Pull the straw out of the cup while still covering the top of the straw with your finger to avoid having the water escape. Put the "captured"  water side of the straw into your babies and let it drip into her mouth. She should automatically want to suck the water. While keeping that side of the straw still...
I don't post very often, but always enjoy reading birth stories. I had my second vbac at home at 39 weeks 5 days and thank God it went beautifully. I woke up in the morning with a little bloody show. I had a feeling that birth would happen that day or the next morning. Also, the day before I had tons of bhs contractions (not painful) that were a little draining, but I slept pretty well that night, which was nice.  Once I woke up with the bloody show, i told my husband...
re: buyorganics...Do you ship to the states?
I'm 18 weeks today and have been experiencing cramping/uterine tightening. Once it starts, the tightening doesn't let up for a few minutes. I remember having bh contractions early with my second pregnancy, but they would last under a minute or so. I'm sure what I'm currently experiencing is normal, but wanted to know if anyone else is having similar issues. 
You cannot negate the fact that hospitals have a history of causing injury to baby and mom. Even a “vbac-friendly” hospital has red tape and rules by which they need to follow. There are a number of different physicians in a hospital (e.g. hospitalist, anesthesiologist, obstetrician) and one can “trump” the other. I know from personal experience, with a very respected and veteran obstetrician, that he was trumped by another physician in the room because of various...
I had a hbac with my third child. I had twins before her, with the second twin born by cesarean. I will likely plan another homebirth, but need to work through the same worries I had in my previous birth.   I'm not comfortable birthing in a hospital. I feel very insecure in that environment. My alternative is to birth at home - I worry "less" in that environment. I'm very grateful and excited for this pregnancy!