or Connect

Posts by AfricanQueen99

Thanks so much! No photos so I am going to print and frame each one. I found an idea on etsy that got the wheels turning so I'm going to work out the kinks and make it my own!
I was totally going to use my 52 projects as crafty things, but I'm taking a point for this one!   We have five trees in our easement (the area between the street and the sidewalk) that had pavers around them and red lava rock in the middle.  I couldn't stand the look of them, the kids walked around on the pavers and moved them out of alignment, the rocks needed to be refilled, etc.  So I moved 97 pavers to the driveway for a CL sale and relocated *20* buckets of red...
*snicker* @ bush. :)   I am an only child, along with my husband and my dad...our tree is so tiny that I wanted to make something bigger to show my kids they have all this rich history.  It's these early 1800 people that are throwing me for a loop!!
Does anybody do genealogy?  I've been working for SIX MONTHS on ancestry.com for my family gift for Xmas.  Each couple/member gets a chart that includes my grandparents as the center - below is their three kids, their four grandkids and their seven great-grands - above is their parents, their grandparents and their great-grands.  I have high hopes for this!  Only I'm completely stuck!  My grandmother's grandparents have been found in the system, but I can't find her...
For Xmas I've been working on a huge family gift - the genealogy of my grandparents.  This give me multiple generations - grandparents (two), their three kids (with spouses), their four kids/my generation, their grandkids (7).    Got that?  It starts with two and get progressively bigger going down.  Easy to make a chart, right?   The kicker is that I've also worked on the generations above that - my grandparents parents, their grandparents, great grands,...
Shortly before my son's second birthday I noticed that he was completely retractable.  It was just a fluke that I found out (family bath) since he wasn't all about his penis at that point.  Now, at 3.5 he can't keep his hands off his junk - that thing gets some serious love!
Congrats IowaOrganic!  Maybe by the time the next kid shows up you'll have updated your siggie to make the 2012 kid official! :)
This is so wonderful. Thanks for all the suggestions! We fly out in mid-June so I'll let you all know what we think. I really appreciate your help.
We are in St Louis. Right now we are total suburbanites and are the crunchiest of all our friends, but nowhere near West Coast crunchy (which probably seems mainstream). Let's see, our average week includes things like Girl Scout meetings, preschool, trip to children's museum, family restaurant for dinner, gymnastics practice for the oldest, park playdates, etc. just a run of the mill family. Our current suburb has access to every chain that you can think of so we are...
Thanks for all that information!  You rock. :)   I'm confused about the schools.  We bought our house solely to stay in this elementary.  There are clear boundaries and having even one house over sends you to a different school.  Seattle's schools aren't like that?  Do you live in the district and then pick the elementary you want?  If that's the case there must be some sort of lottery system, right?  That changes everything!    I'll be back once I devour your...