or Connect

Posts by AfricanQueen99

Thanks for all that information!  You rock. :)   I'm confused about the schools.  We bought our house solely to stay in this elementary.  There are clear boundaries and having even one house over sends you to a different school.  Seattle's schools aren't like that?  Do you live in the district and then pick the elementary you want?  If that's the case there must be some sort of lottery system, right?  That changes everything!    I'll be back once I devour your...
We would be moving from the Midwest (ie, no true working public transit system) so I hadn't even considered bus and/or rail systems. Open to that! Our income isn't a consideration - we are financially secure. The old man's office would be on Second Street (downtown). I stay at home with the kids. I think my husband is going to be surprised to go from a 20-40 minute commute to anything else. Thanks for your help!
Hello.  My husband has a personal interview (following several phone interviews) next month.  Because he's upper management they're flying me out with him to get a feel for the area.  I guess they need wife approval to get the husband to take the job...or something like that.   Anyway, I'll be there for a weekend to feel out potential places to live.  Where would you recommend we look?  We absolutely want our kids in public school and it needs to be a great district...
Well, she listened!   Before I heard about it our aunt bought her the Alpha Omega Elite, but she hadn't opened it.  So I asked her to return it and then ask that aunt to get the SureRide.  I explained why the first wasn't ideal and the second would work a long time for her baby girl.  She was very appreciative for your help. :)  Oh, apparently the SureRide comes in pinker fabric choices so that helped her love the seat even more!
Thanks for your suggestion also. :)   I actually have two RSTVs that I use when I need my husband to take the kids in his car.  We have the S and the L sizes so someone can always fit in there and they're easy to store.
Thank you so much to the two of you!  I'm going to send her a text with your recommendations so she can just open her phone at the store.   This cousin (whom I love dearly) comes from the side of the family that takes price into a higher consideration than most anything else.  That's why I'd like to keep them fairly inexpensive so she won't see something uber cheap at the store and then just buy that.  That's probably why her friend told her about the Alpha Omega...
My cousin is looking into getting a convertible for her baby girl.  She's ten months.  Mom said she's about 50% in weight and 75% in height.  She's a leggy baby and, based on her parents, will be extremely tall and round.   My cousin doesn't have a ton of money and was hoping to ask for a carseat for the baby's birthday gift.  So cost is a consideration, but not enormous.  She's in a minivan so no need to worry about roominess.  Also, I've touted ERFing through my...
Thanks for the explanation! I hadn't considered the arm rests.
I need to pick up another booster or two for driving Girl Scouts. Is there a better option out of the bunch of them? The girls change regularly so I need them to work well with most body types for girls age 6-7. It seems that most of the moms are ok with their daughters not riding in boosters, but I just can't get behind that! Many of the girls are exceptionally tall but they never complain when I ask them to sit in one in my car. Also, since we are talking about...
Thanks! I'll look into the BioPlasma. My other kids were freaking gargantuan babies compared to her!