or Connect

Posts by AfricanQueen99

I missed you guys!!  It's so nice to hear about your lives and your sweet 1/12 babes. :)   Q is such a third child.  Just goes with the flow and hangs on for the ride.  It's pretty cool watching her, but even more cool watching her sister and brother interact with her and just love on her like she's the greatest thing ever.   I biggest thing was sleep training.  Luckily, I live in a community that has an extremely well-respected sleep clinic in town (so much so...
I had PPAD after the birth of my first.  It lasted about 6-9 months and I seriously wanted to die.  Freaking miserable experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone.  Luckily I only had it that one time...and I remember really worrying about it while pregnant with the second kid.
Kindermama - I had a mirena put in when my oldest was 1.5 so I could go through my cancer treatments.  I had every possible negative reaction to it, but it's hard to say if it was from the actual mirena or the emotional state of my health at that time (it wasn't a good period in my life, as you can imagine).  Anyway, I had it pulled the second I could get pregnant again without causing serious harm to the fetus...and we went back to NFP.  I did end up getting pregnant...
Is any part of your income a bonus paid by an employer?  I ask because my husband receives a salaried paycheck with bonuses in June and December.  At the December bonus all employees are encouraged to speak with the HR guy (it's a small firm, only one person in HR) and he will recommend how much to take our for taxes so the federal amount is around $0.  He's usually spot on with federal within a couple hundred dollars - and that balances out with state.  But this system...
All the kids have these great blankets made by a friend of mine.  Sheet-like cotton fabric on both sides, with silky edges to "zip" (that's what they call it when you rub fabric between your fingers).  The silky edges are all embroidered - one side says "Happy 1st birthday, ___", one is "We love you, sweet girl/baby boy/little love." and the other two are quotes from their songs (oldest=You Are My Sunshine, middle=I Want To Be Loved By You, baby=Twinkle, Twinkle).  My...
That train is AWESOME!!  Did AJ get some treats?   Q turns 1 on 1/23 so we're doing her cake smash photo session on Monday.  My oldest is home from school that day (MLK Day) and little man is home so it's going to be great to get photos will all of them together.   I had a blanket made for Q's first birthday - same for the older two.  We're a blankey family...even the almost seven year old still sleeps her hers nightly.
I took a pattern and chopped it up to make magnets (sorry about the photo quality - the flash wasn't working with the not-yet-dry Mod Podge):     3/52
As a classic overachiever when it comes to other people I made three cupcakes per child to decorate and a set for any parents that stuck around (around here when you start Kindergarten parties they are drop offs).  That morning I made 100 cupcakes - the kids all knew they had three so they could eat one and take two home (I had take home boxes for them) - eat all three there, etc.  I didn't care!  My daughter's birthday is at the end of March so we were expecting lovely...
For my daughters sixth birthday she wanted a cupcake decorating party and we invited her whole class plus a few extra friends. EVERYBODY came!! 25 six year olds and colored icing with sprinkles and a whole lot of noise! Anyway, while we waited for all the guests I had each kid decorate their party hat with stickers and markers and the like. I also threw in leftover crepe paper and the little girls went wild using it for long hair to hang off the hats. Seriously, that...
I *heart* Betz White!  I wish I could sew as well as her and make every one of her designs.   I added it to the list. :)