or Connect

Posts by Mummoth

It's pretty easy to take for granted what we did have, and see all the things we didn't, growing up. Sure you could have given them new clothes and more electronics, but what would they be losing if you went to work? 
Ugh! Yesterday I had a meeting with the school principal and counsellor about my son. They came up with a plan to get him more connected with the school. He made himself a few minutes late this morning. This kid is stubborn! I so need to be home right now, if I was working outside the home he'd be skipping out and staying home all day. After that, I took the baby out for lunch and bought a tooth fairy gift for Caitlin. We stopped by the school grounds on the way home...
Today I had another battle getting my son out the door to school. He's getting behind but the school has a program to keep kids on track and he's fighting them every step of the way. Some of the consequences of not doing his work are catching up with him so he's to the point that he's worrying himself sick before school because he's being held accountable. So anyway, it took quite a bit of discussion to get him out the door... the only way out of this is for him to buckle...
I really don't know... I can see benefits to continuing but understand how stopping would be the right choice for you, too. Does it have to be allot nothing? Could you tell them when you give notice that you are open to being their back-up person for when their new daycare person goes on holidays or things like that? Maybe start the discussion now, so they have a whole month to find another daycare.   It's too bad for the kids to have to switch daycares, and I can...
 I get what you're saying about being angry. I think it's something that's way, way bigger than SAHM vs. WOHM though. Society is changing, and it's getting a lot worse.My mom uses real estate as an example. When I was a baby, her and my dad bought their first house and their mortgage amount was about equal to what my dad would earn in 2 years (of course not all your money goes to your mortgage so the house takes much longer to pay off) Now, the amount a small house here...
Oh no! I hope you get some rest, 3 AM is way, way to early to get up. My husband has to for work on occasion and he calls it WTF o'clock.
Pepin~ my two oldest are in grades 4 and 6. I have a nearly 2 year old too, but even without her I had no plans of going back. My mom used to say that you need to be home MORE when they are teenagers than when they elementary school aged. I am starting to understand her reasoning. I can't imagine yet what I might do when my little one is through high school. I will be 50-something...
Wow, you've gotten a ton done Catholic Mama!   So far I've just poked at the dishwasher a bit, swept the living room and responded to an email from Roland's teacher. I'm pretty slow at writing, I take a long time to get the sentences out right, especially when it's something like a teacher where I feel like they are going to grade me, ha ha! I did a bit more reading in my book and did some reading with Stephanie. I just had lunch and in just a little bit I'm going to...
One show we watched and the kids loved was MacGyver. There is some violence but MacGyver doesn't use guns. They really liked how when he gets stuck in a situation, builds a solution out of junk that's laying around. We occasionally put on an episode of Mythbusters, and they think it's pretty interesting.   One that's new that we just started watching is Atlantis... it seems like a good one. I think it's done by the same people that made the Merlin series, which the kids...
For sure Nazsmum... I did daycare before I had kids and some of the things I look back on now as a parent really makes me sad.   I watched 2 brothers in my home, and when they arrived each morning, they'd both have soothers in (they were 1 and 3) The mom would have promised the 3 year old a certain TV show would be on, so I'd have to go along with that. It made it easier for her to leave because he was one of those kids who totally zones out in front of a screen. That's...