or Connect

Posts by Mummoth

CORRECTION: it's a dishes, laundry and jury-rig a paint tray under the laundry tub to channel the leak that sprung down the drainhole day  
Today is just a dishes-and-laundry day. Andrew might be home in the middle for lunch. I am going to make a grocery list because I need ingredients for the ginger bread houses and I'll be getting holiday supplies so it will be a bigger than usual order. My bro-in-law still hasn't confirmed if they're coming for Christmas and my sis-in-law hasn't answered an email I sent her last week so I'm about ready to decide they can just take care of their own meals while they're here...
Thanks! It's funny,he can be so trying at times because he's got a real stubborn, difficult streak and then he goes and does something like that.   The cupboards are organized, the baby is napping... I'm not sure what I should do so I think I am going to take a break while the house is quiet for the last time for the next 3 days, ha ha!
Yes, my mom was home, except for a few years when I was in grade 7 - 9, I guess? She didn't play with us a ton but I have 2 sisters and we were all within 3 years of each other. We'd go visit my aunt or have her and her kids over a lot, that's another 3 kids so we were busy playing anyways. She made us a hot breakfast every morning and didn't realize we'd accept  anything different until my sister ate someone's left over mooshy cereal when we were staying in town with...
A Land More Kind Than Home was good, but really sad. I found a lot of the characters pretty frustrating. As a person with no faith, it's hard to wrap my brain around someone having so much of it that their common sense goies out the window. The people in the cult were messing with snakes and fire and things like that. It goes into a lot of little background scenes where one of the characters is remembering something, but it's right in the middle of a conversation they're...
Today, apparently, I am reoragnizing the cupboards. When I woke up this morning, my son had pulled everything out onto the table, and was going to donate a bunch of food to the food bank drive at his school. That's great, but we can't give 40 cans of food away, or *we* will need the food bank! Oh well, it was time to sort through everything anyway. I'll wash them down while I move everything around and that will be good enough to say it's been done if we move in January.
I've got sort of a similar situation. My ex moved away a short time after we split, for no apparent reason. He wasn't seeing the kids at that point because there was a no-contact order in place (he assaulted our son) but he could have at any time gone to court and gotten supervised visitation.He chose to run away instead. Things were pretty good for about 5 years, aside from showing up of 3 counseling sessions (too expensive to continue, according to him) with the kids 2...
This week has seemed super long to me... on Tuesday, Stephanie and I went to the doctor with my husband for something to do, and on the way back he was running late for the afternoon so we bussed it home from his work. Yesterday I got us signed up for the Toy Shop which I can pick a gift for the kids each for free. Aside from Christmas, we've got Stephanie's birthday on the 13th, and Roland's on January 9th, my ex is nearly $800. behind on child support and we can't count...
Not my Blood by Barbara Cleverly is about a school where the students are going missing. I didn't like it at all, the characters in the story communicate almost entirely in witty banter, which got really old, really fast. I think the plot moved at a reasonable pace but because I found the writing so grating it semed to drag on and on. I don't know why I read it through to the end...   Anyway, I've started one called A Land More Kind than Home by Willy Cash, it's about a...
My kids are nearly 12, 9 and nearly 2. For the big kids, as long as they are putting in some effort, I help. I was at a friends house when my son was just tiny and she was telling her daughter to clean her room. The room was a disaster! You couldn't see the floor for all the debris, and the kid was 4 or 5... the job was well beyond her capability. I thought it was a really unfair expectation. My kids rooms get pretty bad sometimes and I see that as partly my...