or Connect

Posts by vonn's_mama

Thank you all for your responses. I was surprised to see that the one doctor really listed as intact friendly in SA is my GP! Sadly, my sons see another doctor in the practice who I'm not crazy about, and they're not allowed to change to see my doctor because you can't change doctors within the practice. On the plus side, a friend of mine recommended a new doctor who just opened a practice here, and I've been emailing with him. He doesn't have experience with this, but...
Thanks for the link and the suggestion. I really appreciate it!
Thank you both for the information! It is very helpful. To answer your question about his age, he is almost 5, and he has been complaining that it hurts, which is the main reason I feel like I should do something.
Hi Everyone, My son has a very tight foreskin that balloons every time he pees. This makes it really hard for him to aim, and it also means that he drips for a while after he's done peeing. In addition to these trivial issues, the tip of his foreskin is often red and painful. I took him to a urologist who was recommended by my family doctor, and he was totally dismissive of the idea of steroid cream. He wanted to either circumsize him or cut a long slit down one side...
Hi Everyone, My son has a very tight foreskin that balloons every time he pees. This makes it really hard for him to aim, and it also means that he drips for a while after he's done peeing. In addition to these trivial issues, the tip of his foreskin is often red and painful. I took him to a urologist who was recommended by my family doctor, and he was totally dismissive of the idea of steroid cream. He wanted to either circumsize him or cut a long slit down one side...
Quote: Originally Posted by sh118 Similar experience, required to have seperate fitting appt. Then the fitting kit was so old, they couldn't use the size ring they thought I needed because it was crumbling. Also criticized for my choice and my refusal to try an IUD. So Irritating!! Ha, ha! Their kit was crumbling?! Doctors really do know what they want us to do, and they have their ways of forcing us into it! I'm seriously thinking of looking...
I just searched for this topic and couldn't find it. If there has already been a good post like this, please direct me to it. Otherwise, I'm wondering about using Fertility Awareness while breastfeeding before I've gotten my period back. I borrowed a friend's copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility, and the take away message I got from it was that it's hard. Does anyone have practical advice?
Today I found myself waiting for an hour and a half in the aptly named waiting room of a doctor. I'm not sure what I expected given that I had been waiting four months for my appointment in the first place, but the doctor got good ratings on the websites I checked, her office is close to my home, and her receptionist told me she could fit me for a diaphragm, so I told myself that it was worth the wait. When my name was finally called, everyone was friendly, and I didn't...
Hi Everyone, I need a chiropractor, and I was hoping someone here would have one to recommend. Thanks!
Thanks Guest Mama! Your post was exactly what I needed when I needed it. We have a follow-up appointment for a UTI today, and you've given me all the information I need to present to my doctor if he suggests circumcision as the urgent care doctor did. You also made me feel better about leaving him in tact. As you experienced, when the doctor told me his problem was caused by his tight foreskin, I instantly felt guilty and like I had made a decision that was going to cause...