or Connect

Posts by secondimpression

His BC was on record when we requested a copy about a month after he was born, no problems there. Just never got the card in the mail I got with the first two and thought that was odd. Maybe he slipped through a crack somewhere and that's why I haven't gotten any formal notice about the screening test? Not that it changes what we've done for him medically, I just find it curious that we seem to be the odd ones to not get the notice and he definitely hasn't had the hearing...
Yeah, I'm curious what's going on with this as well?   I just had #3 at home on 4/2 and we haven't recieved anything except a SSN. Heh, vital records didn't even notify us that his birth certificate was on record this time. Nothing from our pediatrician beyond the same that I posted in my last response after #2 was born.
Lorrie has posted personal information from my medical records, called me a gossip and a liar and no one is outraged!? I am beyond livid that she thinks HIPPA laws do not apply to her and that the mods have done nothing.
I don't know what the problem really is over there (seems to be a LOT of them) but I'm most definitely leaving her practice and filing a lengthy complaint. I've been hung up on by her office staff, outright lied to multiple times, had messages for Evelyn "lost" and now can't seem to get a human being to pick up the phone or return my calls. I don't care what's going on, that is completely unacceptable in any medical office no matter the circumstances. And no, it is not...
DD was born at home a year ago and we never got a letter like that either. Our ped recommended it but didn't have the equipment in her office to do it and we just never got around to it really. She also said that the state will pay for it if a child doesn't have insurance and isn't eligible for medical assistance. DS had it done when he was born and slept through the whole procedure which took all of a few seconds to do, no big deal.
Wow, some of the responses you all have gotten are pretty awful.   We're not expecting great responses since this will be our 3rd and our oldest will have just turned 3 a few days before this one gets here. But after the ugly reactions we got for DD (#2), we feel like just about anything else is an improvement. I was fresh into a divorce when DP and I started dating and had our oops. People seriously asked me "is it DP's?" or "Does DP know?" The latter all the way up...
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone! My home is in Irene's path and we only just got power back. Internet is EXTREMELY slow! I'm kind of shocked it's on at all. Please bear with me, I promise I will update as soon as we're back to normal!
7DPO but not dark enough for me to believe it until 9DPO (we weren't trying but I knew something was up).   Personally, I'm a little bit of a science nerd and it's fun to watch the tests turn positive! There's only so many times in my life I'll get that thrill (or terror! lol) of watching a pregnancy test turn positive so I figure I might as well get the most out of it each time. And sometimes we have extra tests conveniently lying around that we just can't let go to...
I always though it was within the range of normal for paps done during pregnancy to come back with abnormal results? I've never had a pap while pregnant so I can't really attest to that at all beyond heresay, I'm sorry you're dealing with it though, it must be scary.   I did spot through the first halves of all 3 of my prior pregnancies. My first miscarried and my next 2 resulted in full term healthy babies. No spotting at all in this one, but lots of cramping. I...
Glad someone started one of these threads! I'm 5'6" and 113lbs *and* nursing. I had 2 nasty awful stomach bugs back-to-back about a month ago that knocked me down to 109 (scary!). Luckily I was able to put 4 pounds back on before getting pregnant. This is my 4th pregnancy and in my first 3, I never gain a single ounce until after 20 weeks thanks to all the food aversions. Then I pack on 35lbs (same with both of my kids, miscarried my first pregnancy) by 35 weeks and...