or Connect

Posts by SiobhanAoife

I do not think that it is rude to post photos of your child's birthday party on Facebook. I would hope that the people who have bothered to friend me would be glad that my daughter had a nice party.   That said, I don't have a facebook account because I feel that it's a morass of privacy concerns. So, take my feedback with that grain of salt. I certainly do not mind being made aware of other peoples' parties to which we are not invited via other means. Sensitivity...
Cornelia,   Thank you for your words. My heart is with you and your family.
Thank you, all of you.   I get embarrassed after posting something so emotional, so it takes me a while to acknowledge people's responses, but I read them as you write them and they mean a lot to me. It is a very real gift to me that this forum exists.   To Qestia, I feel for you. I hope you get some answers soon, and that they help.
I am irritated by my daughter's situation. She has cystic fibrosis, and has just gotten her first bad chest x-ray and been put on a bunch of twice-daily, lengthy, unpleasant medical treatments - you can imagine how easy it is to explain that to a 3 year old. And then on top of that, she's just been referred by her preschool director for assessment by an SLP and a PT, and the SLP says she absolutely has some sort of hypersensitivity issue and must been assessed by an OT...
Mothers of children with terminal or life-shortening diagnoses, please, speak to me.   My daughter has a cough and I am grieving. This is wrong, this is unreal, this is not what nature intended. Many, many, too many, of the children at her preschool have a cough right now. Her cough is their cough. Their parents are not grieving.   My daughter has cystic fibrosis. Any respiratory infection she gets could, in fact, reduce her lifespan. Make her die younger. Make...
I know this community has a lot of collective experience with 504 plans, so I thought I might get some insight here.   My kid has cystic fibrosis, a disease that is progressive, eventually debilitating, and eventually fatal.    But she isn't having any day to day health impacts from it YET. While she does daily treatments at home, she doesn't have to take any medications and she isn't impaired in her day-to-day living at all.   That said, it is very normal...
I have a True Fit Premier 670 car seat in my husband's car, which was our only car until quite recently. It's been a great seat, and I did a bunch of research about it at the time.   But now I have a new car, and my kid (who is 38" tall, 31 lbs, and still rear-facing) is almost 3 years old, and I am wondering if I should consider other options that perhaps have higher limits for weight or height, or convert to boosters later?   Can anyone point me at other seats...
Quote:   Sorry to see CF in every kid that has respiratory issues, but, just to be sure, have you ruled out CF? (cystic fibrosis)? Hope she does better soon...
So far my 25-month-old watches no television, with the sole exception of having seen Word World once when we were stuck in the emergency room for several hours of observation.   But she has been allowed to play with a couple flash games based on books she knows on the computer at the library and she really would like to spend more time on the computer; I am torn as to how to handle that desire. I know we're "supposed" to limit screen time as a whole but she is over...
I am really grateful that this forum is here. I know that there's someplace I can let out the dark parts without scaring away all the nice moms with healthy kids who are afraid to look (not that I blame them, I wish I was one of them). Thank you.