or Connect

Posts by thevidatree

faereymomma, I would really like to know the name of that book, so when you get a chance, could you email it to me. my email has changed recently, so here it is: jenneyandvida@yahoo.com thanks for sharing your story. it makes me feel better knowing that i'm not the only one with a "boyfriend" soon after a marriage. i've been feeling bad about that lately.
thanks a lot for responding. i have decided to get a lawyer after all, and have done a little research on my own. but the info you gave was actually very comforting. thank you again.
does anyone know anything about joint custody?? dh and i have been separated for 6 weeks now. we live in separate towns (approx. 60 miles away). dh has visitation on tuesdays and thursdays, and an overnight on fridays. i pick up dd on saturday evening. today, dh threatened that he is filing for joint custody. he said that if i try to fight him on it, he will make my life difficult. i'm not sure what that means. dd is two and has been home with me since she was...
i've been separated for about 2 months now, divorce is pending. but i have started dating someone. can anyone suggest any books that help children with this transition? dd is 2 years old, and at first saw my "friend" and a fun person, now it seems like she views him as daddy's replacement (which he isn't, but because i have full custody, he is around a lot more than my ex is) also. the boyfriend is on a research assignment here for another year or so, then he will...
I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their input, especially moondance. I have been struggling for a long time now, going back and forth with separating from my husband. Recently, I had a moment of grace where I realized that I'm staying for all the wrong reasons (mostly because I'm afraid of making it out in the world on my own with a 2 yr old). Suddenly, my fears subsided enough for me to decide to leave. I haven't filed yet, I'm still in the...
Iris, I am sending you a private message now. Reply whenever you can. My heart is with you right now. May you find strength to squelch that scary voice that shouts out your fears to you. Much love and light
good for you daylily! reward yourself for something accomplished, you had a victory!
Peggy- I just sent you a private message. Contact me anytime.
Grisandole, I have read that there is a chemical in chocolate that actually mimics adrenaline, which is very detrimental to those of us with anxiety disorders. As much as it makes me cry, I had to stop eating it because it made me jittery and nervous afterward. Like I said before, we are born with anxiety disorder, it might wait for a while to come to the surface, but it's been inside of us since the very beginning. I think it's possible to cure phobias and ocd...
It is very normal for phobias to suddenly "appear." There are phobic or obsessive tendancies way before they appear though. glad2bemama, since anxiety disorders are the root cause of phobias and ocd, and they are genetically passed along, there is a 12% chance that we can pass our disorder onto our kids. Cangirl, I went to therapy for years trying to recover from my dibilating phobia. But no one could help me because they were too busy looking at my past, the...