or Connect

Posts by camprunner

triple post
Regarding the ultrasounds, we have only done two medical ones out of 4 babies (including this one) and they were for the same baby. I was worried and needed to know he was ok.  For the others, I've felt like it might cause more worry so we haven't done them. This time, we are getting two fun ones done. One at 20 weeks because I had to know what we were having (dh moped for a week after finding out it was a girl and I cant' handle that after working so hard to push a baby...
My list If midwife isn't able to come by the time you are in active labor, your partner may need to be the one to maintain communication. There may be set up of the birth pool or other area if midwives are running late. He should understand that while putting a woman off at any other time may be accepted by the human race, during labor is not just any other time and he needs to come running. (Yes, mine pulled the "I'll be there in 15 minutes. Just let me...
We are still working out the fine details I think. We are going to grow a variety of vegetables and maybe some herbs. We are are small acreage so we may experiment to see what sells.  We just got our first bee hives last summer and have had chickens for years so we do those two things already.
I quit believing in insurance a long time ago.  We do Christian medical sharing.  There are several good ones out there including Samaritan Ministries , Medishare , and Christian Healthcare  Ministries  .  I realize these programs won't work for everyone but I thought I'd throw it out there. They are exempt from Obamacare and work well for large Christian families.  They all work very differently and each will meet different needs so if you feel you fit in this category...
I just realized that dh's dream of creating a farm might actually start happening this year. I am pregnant with #4 and due in the spring (about the time his goal of planting his first crop is going to happen in theory). By fall, I'm pretty sure he's going to need my help out there.   We both work other part time jobs at home.  We home school. No daycare.    Kids are 10, 7, 2 and stb newborn.  I'm not so much worried about the older ones. They should be helping us to...
Are you having to take cloth to daycare? Then I recommend pockets.   Otherwise- I prefer prefolds and covers. Easy to wash, quick to dry. Not a lot of fuss. You can afford more so you could wash every third day instead of every other day.
30 1/2 weeks. Fairly certain that we are transverse (that wasn't the term used by the midwife. head is at my left hip?).  She isn't worried and since I was showing some mild signs of preterm labor we decided it was a good thing baby wasn't head down.
I've always heard that freezer meals only last for three months so it's really only now that I'd feel comfortable doing so and now I'm debating between the casseroles I was originally going to fix (and freeze in muffin cups) and "pieces" of dishes that could be mixed and matched to create stuff...for example:   frozen cooked chicken frozen cooked black beans frozen cooked chopped veggies   And having many recipes with these where we just have to add the...