or Connect

Posts by camprunner

We have a Hyundai Santa Fe with 120,000 miles on it and very few problems at all. Infact, we purchased a Kia Sedona recently based on how please we are with the Hyundai (basically the same company).  We didn't have such good luck with the Toyotas we had.
In NC, it's rare for a homeschooler to be allowed to participate in school activities.
  I am a public school teacher (currently) and I choose to homeschool BECAUSE I'm a public school teacher. I used to have the belief that if I taught public school then that's where my kids belonged.  However, after working a tiny bit  (like 10-20 min. per day) with my daughter the summer before Kindergarten and then sending  her to Kindergarten where I realized that the teacher (like all teachers) could not work with 18 kids of 18 different levels. Her teacher was...
I think the last sentence is the key. I attended public school and I'm plenty socially awkward. However, I wonder if it's socially awkward people like myself that are more likely to homeschool due to their poor experience in public schools and the kids get it honest? Just a thought. I think my oldest is more social than my husband and I are and my youngest is socialy awkward like us.  I've worked very hard to get the youngest into every possible social activity I can find...
I think doctors are being encouraged to offer this or it is because they make a ton off this procedure.  A few years ago, I believe that I had a miscarriage with an IUD in. I didn't take a pregnancy test even through I had symptoms because I  had an IUD so there was no possibility. After a couple of months of irregular spotting, I passed what looked like an embryo straight out of a pregnancy book.  I was shocked. By the time I came to terms with it a month later, I went...
Interview all of them if you feel like you have the time.
Being our fourth child, I need nothing. So after trying hard to organize my house for the last month or so, I forked out money to purchase organizational items for our house that will hopefully help us fit another person. New drawers for toys in the girls room where Maebelle will eventually sleep.  A shoe rack by the front door so we don't have to look all over for everyone's shoes.  Bins for the wire rack dh and I store our clothes in (the kids are constantly getting...
My thing with the timing is that the the third trimester always flies by for me and the first two drag. The first two really flew by this time and I hardly felt/feel pregnant compared to what I usually feel.
Oh and about socialization.  We socialize through community sports (they only play one) and several homeschool groups but it only takes one. If you have neighborhood kids then that takes care of it too.  The first year we homeschooled oldest dd was in first grade and I only left the house to take her to one homeschool play date on Fridays for a couple of hours.  DH did for part of the year take her to a sports practice once a week and we weren't attending church at all...
There are a number of curriclums that can work independently other than Robinson too.   Saxon math in general is good for independent work once they read 3rd grade. Apologia Science Any sort of reading really. Story of the World for History.   Switched on School house is a computer curriculum that has all subjects.   Online schools- charter and othewise.