or Connect

Posts by justKate

Sue, I love Little Bird Naturals.  I will buy an amber necklace from you! Link to your site when you get things going. How is Fiona liking violin lessons?    Cindy, big hugs to M.  I think the casting is probably aggravating the other sensitivities...fingers crossed that she can relax a bit once this process is over.  HOW did you get A napping in her crib?!  I really need to know, because I can't put Mallie down without her waking.     Ever, so sorry about the...
Ever and Mal, fingers crossed for happy job news!  Ever--Key West maybe?   Cindy, I'm jealous. Never been to Hawaii...probably will be a good long time before we get there.     Cleaning--we pick up at transitions.  So when she's done with markers at the table, we put them away before she starts the next thing. It takes some encouragement, but usually she's ready for the next thing, like lunch...if she needs persuasion I remind her she can help make lunch if she...
Read through but don't have time to respond, hopefully later. My MIL is in town for two weeks. Dh took her to Walmart to buy underwear because she forgot hers and doesn't want to borrow mine. I'm having a drink.  Yes, it is 2:00 p.m.  I may have jelly beans next.
Just wanted to give an update here in case anyone finds the thread in the future!  My DD1 did stop pushing at about 33 months, but then started again when her little sister was born.  She just turned 4 last week and seems to be stopping again.  sageowl, thanks for the input!  It definitely sounds like a sensory issue, but you're right, it is a bearable one by comparison.     Daddy-J, I messaged you back!   Just a thought--was anyone else's pusher in the NICU?...
Erin, I like the idea of plant eaters bobbing for apples. Why not, right? Makes me think of Jurassic Park..."veggie-saurus, veggie-saurus!" I'm really impressed with the project, maybe should add that book to my list.  I agree, commuting and shuttling kids around is a drain on life. Wish I had a community that was more like-minded. I have trouble getting the girls across the street to play regularly--everyone is so *busy* but I'm not sure what we're actually...
Happy Birthday to the big girls!    Cindy, love the fairy wands. Aubrey loves making things (mostly pictures) for her cousins and putting them in the mail. The mail is such a magical thing for some reason.  Didn't you get married in Hawaii? I'm remembering you in a dress, with your DH, somewhere beautiful....?  I would be secretly thrilled if DH were considering a 3rd child.  But it will never happen.  I'm trying to convince him to get a V so that I'll know we're...
Wanted to quickly say--Mal, i pulled out the dress and will mess with it either Today or Tues when we get back from my mom's house so that I can let you know. What date will the party be? Sickies here--all but me, thankfully. Flu x 3 plus DH ended up with pneumonia. I swear we can't escape it. Off to make some emergen-c before the girls wake from napping! Back sooner this time.
Starling, have I told you that you make me laugh? I can't remember why, specifically, but you are such an effective writer.  But of course you don't need me telling you that!  As for the house, I love it love it love it.  DH would drool over it too.... I love the openness of it. Tons of possibilities.  Have you thought about asking the seller whether s/he would be interested in renting it?  Then you could sort of try it on for size. We are renting here, and its not bad....
Ugh, Mal, not what I wanted to hear. She does have a cold--but we all do.  I really don't feel like taking her in to the doc today; I'm sure it will be super busy.  Maybe I'll take her to urgent care tomorrow.  Its closer, faster, and covered if the doc is closed....  Coincidentally, Aubrey was sick for her first Christmas too.   Still no decision on preschool. Yesterday (Thurs) was her last day before a week off for Christmas, so we took in donuts.  I was going to...
Ever, that is scary. I haven't lost Aubs yet, but she ran away from me once when I was hugely pg and it scared the crap out of me.  We both cried when I caught her.  I've been lucky so far.  Hooray for being finished with exams!  And I love that R's people and dinos are hairy.  A's drawing of me is on FB---she's only recently been interested in drawing anything, and most everything is a circle with sticks coming out of it, but I figure she knows what it means so that's...