or Connect

Posts by mamazakka

The above comments are so accurate to my experience: my first 4 babies were born in the hospital, flat on my back, with Pitocin and epidurals and episiotomies, and many, many hours of ineffectual pushing.  I ended up with 'healthy' babies, born vaginally, but from a cut, swollen, and very exhausted Mama.  Last two babies were born without hospital intervention, (one at a birth center, last one at home) with no Pit, no epidural, no episiotomies, and I was able to move...
'Birdie'?!  Really? Wow.  Never heard that one before.  
Hmm.  My parents tell a story about friends of theirs who (in the mid-1960's) had taught their little girl to call her genitals her "box"...she was about 3 yrs old and the little girl's parents thought it was just hiLARious and kept finding ways to ask their daughter about her 'box' throughout the dinner party and then laughing uproariously at her befuddlement... As a result my parents never socialized with those people again, and were thusly inspired to teach their...
  Love it!
  Love it!
Love it!
I'm right there with you, sister, but I say get rid of half.   Keep the best and get rid of the rest.   How can they play with the good stuff, if they can't find it because it's buried by clutter?  Putting it all in bins is a mistake.  Then it's just buried inside a container.  It is NOT a blessing, to have more than enough, it's a self-inflicted curse - but at least you can bless someone else who has less than enough (Salvation Army, Purple Heart, etc). How to...
My boys, age 6.5 and 9.75 are Lego ADDICTS.  Nothing pleases them more than Lego, especially new Lego - they 'jones' for Lego all day long.  They take it to school hidden in pockets, they talk Lego with every friend, they have Lego playdates, Lego birthday parties, they 'build' as soon as their eyes open in the morning, and again as soon as they walk in the door from school or gymnastics, and they do not ever want to stop building.  Ever. Getting the mess cleaned up...
Beautiful.  Really.