or Connect

Posts by marisa724

Quote: Originally Posted by handsandfeet Wow, I'm surprised at all the none answers. Maybe it's b/c I work, but 16 month old DS has gotten used to and now loves cow milk. He gets about 6 oz right before his nap and another 6 oz in early evening time. My supply dropped when I stopped pumping so I feel good that he's getting another source of milk. We call it "leche," and mine is "milk." He also eats about 4 oz of yogurt and a good amount of cheese in the...
Almost none - though he does get yogurt and cheese as he likes. We'll have a "milk box" occasionally if we're out, like at Starbucks or something, but most often he has water or sometimes almond milk (vanilla, unsweetened) as a beverage. He's also been taking a multivitamin and a Vit. D supplement (both gummies) since he turned two.
I love them. The soles are nice and flexible and they made for a nice transition from the soft soles. Definitely shop the sales first -- Amazon sometimes has good deals too.
My DS2 was 33 lbs. at 18 months. He was consistently at least 2 lines *above* the 95th percentile line on those charts at the dr's office. Luckily our dr. was laid back and did not see anything wrong with his progression -- and once he got the hang of walking and running he slimmed down quickly anyway. Now he's actually ON the charts, LOL! At 2 1/2 he's still around 34 pounds, and that puts him up at the top still, 90-95th%. 45 pounds is more like what my six-year-old...
I don't know about the red ones, sorry! But I got some peacock blue flats a while back and it's a lovely color. Not really a navy or a turquoise - it's more like royal blue, but with a bit more turquoise to it. Hard to describe! I have not tried that particular style, but I did get flats at one point. I wear an 8, but since having kids I'll take an 8.5 in some styles -- well, the 8 in the flats were too narrow and tight for me. I had to give them to my mom, who is...
I've never worn them myself, but an old boyfriend was crazy about Simple sneakers. They have a few different vegan styles (this is one: http://www.simpleshoes.com/ProductDe...Organic+Cotton). I don't know how supportive they are, but maybe you can find someplace local to try them on.
Avalon accepted my insurance (BCBS) and so I had a $20 copay, plus something like 10-20% of our hospital costs. As I said, mine was a surgery, so it wound up being in the ballpark of $2000 out of pocket in the end. I don't remember the exact figures anymore. I should also add that even though I wound up with a repeat c-section, they were very very supportive of my VBAC attempt. I went to 41w5d with this baby, but according to my original due date (from before I was in...
I used Avalon at Morristown Memorial for this last baby. I was a VBAC-attempt so a few things were a little different for me, but many things on your list apply - - Morristown has a beautiful large room with a tub, you just have to request it. I had that room (though I never got to use the tub). I think they may also have a portable tub, you can ask. And you may be able to bring in your own tub if you're worried about theirs being occupied. - wireless monitoring, I...
Avalon is who I'm talking about too. Can you just make a regular appointment? I never did a 'consultation' with them. Then if you decide it's not for you later you can switch -- I switched (TO Avalon actually) at 20 weeks this time.
My middle name and my brother's is the same -- our mom's maiden name.