or Connect

Posts by Lisanne

I live in the middle of nowhere so it's a hospital for me. The plan is to be unmedicated and in and out as fast as I can. I loved my home birth with my second baby and I wish that was an option here.
Hi everyone :) I just got my BFP this morning so it looks like I'm joining you all. I'm a little nervous because I miscarried last year, but I am queasy already and am taking that as a good sign. I'm 29 and this is my 4th pregnancy. My oldest daughter just turned 5 last month and my baby will be 3 in February. I miscarried last December at 8 weeks. My husband is in the air force and I am a new breastfeeding peer counselor with WIC. I just got my first 2 clients this...
I knew I wanted to wear my baby from the start :) I lived in Germany and the norm is a deluxe and bulky stroller. That came in handy when we made the long walk to town for groceries, but for traveling Europe, getting around on the subway, and making my way through crowded markets baby wearing is the way to go. When my second child was born the wrap became even more useful as it kept my hands free to care for my toddler while still keeping my baby close.
Those lunch bags are awesome! I love the place for the ice pack. I think I need some of those reusable produce bags. I try to not use the bags, but you really need them for apples, plums, peaches, etc. Oh, and the LunchSkins sandwich bags. So cute!   I like Reuseit and mothering on FB :)
This is a great thread. I'm starting to feel like I may be ready to stop nursing, but my 30 month old DD still loves it. We were down to once in the morning and once at bedtime and then we went on a 3 week vacation to visit family and go camping and she started nursing more often when she was tired or stressed. It was something familiar and comforting when we were away from home. Now that we've been home almost 2 weeks we are back to twice a day, but she still asks...
This is my 3rd and I definitely look pregnant and I am barely 8 weeks. Especially by the end of the day. Part of it is from overindulging at Thanksgiving so I'm going to try to walk more or get to the bike at the gym.
    I get the watery mouth too. It was much worse with my first too, but I am getting it a bit this time too. It's not something I hear other pregnant women talk about.  
I've never known what any of my numbers are so that doesn't mean much to me. I hope all is well and the numbers are much higher tomorrow.
We aren't talking about names until after my husband returns from his deployment, but we tossed around these names last time and they are still on the list. Isabel Maria (Maria after my husband's grandma), I love Silas and DH's family hates it so if we go with it we won't be discussing names until birth. Emily would probably have been Lukas if she was a boy.
oh wow! congrats!