or Connect

Posts by hunnybumm

I haven't read or posted here in a very long time, but this issue came up and I didn't know where else to turn. Long story short my husband and I are seperating, it's just a matter of time. He has chosen to try to upset me and hurt me in any way possible (without breaking the law). It has not been out of character for him to be mean to the children (ie not take them somewhere he said he would, not give them a hug, etc) to get back at me. Today he tried to start an...
The worst part is that most parents who are ill informed or choose to circumcise, don't see it as this discusting gross open sore. They don't see it as more work. They just see it as one of those things you have to deal with with a newborn. Just like changing diapers 20 times a day, not getting any sleep, etc. I know with my first son I never really thought it was bad. It was just another thing to take care of. I also never really saw him intact, he was wisked away...
DS#1 was around 10 months when we started trying, and around 15 months we I got pregnant. I had no problem with supply (I had always had an abundant supply) but he slowly self weaned, I think due to not liking the taste of my milk. He completely weaned by around my 6th or 7th month and he was around 20 months or so (my dates are off, but I can't really remember). There was an obvious drop in his nursing at around my 4 month mark when he dropped down to a couple nursings...
Rediculous. Every woman I have known who has give birth natrualy, in water (at home) were successfuly and easily nursing within a few minutes of birth. I think it has more to do with the baby and mom being separated after birth (such as in a hospital water birth) than it does with the water it's self. Also, I think it's hard for a lot of people to see the value of water. I didn't realize how wonderful it was until I labored in water with DS#2 (though he wasn't born...
DS#1 was born at the local hospital. They just had the normal tie in the back gowns. But I was still in the no modestly mind set and didn't mind too much. My door was closed most of the time anyways. DS#2 was born in a freestanding birth center and their gowns were nursing friendly. I really liked the ones they had. It was very comfy and breathed and I slept really well in it. It also helped that they didn't have gowns and I was naked. lol
I was born and raised in southern CA (in a valley none the less!) and I go back regularly to visit my family. I have nursed both my children all over the place. Restaurants, Malls, Disney Land, California Adventure, parks, etc. I have never received any negative comments from strangers. I did get a few "Do you have to do THAT here?" from my mom (shes mostly over it now though).
I don't want to be a wet blanket or anything, but since you nursed around the park with no incidents, could it be that there was one woman with her own agenda? Were you able to get the name and rank of the woman who talked to you? Either way you deserve to be at least apoligized to. But I don't think we should jump to conclusions when one woman asks you to leave. I am very curious what kind of response you get from the company. If the company responds saying they...
I am also quite saddened that it isn't talked about more. After some digging you can find a few pamphlets about how the church is against it and in the scriptures (though I think a lot of people don't think circumcision is considered harming their child, therefor that they scripture isn't necissarly talking about circ), but it isn't widely known I don't think. I was no longer active when I got married and had my kids, but I don't ever remember hearing about it at all in...
I definitely think I am a very good candidate to talk about circumcision. My first son is cut, my second is not. I always tell people how regretful I am about circing #1, and if I could take back one thing in my life, that would be it. That circing him was the biggest mistake I have made. Even before I had #2 I tried to express my regret. Also, just because someone mainstream doesn't mean they won't agree to leave a child intact. It use to be a crunchy or foreign...
I have been in your situation myself. My first son is circumcised, my second is intact. About two months after my first son was born I realized the terrible mistake I had made. My husband didn't think it was a big deal (he was pro-circ). We discussed it a little before I became pregnant with #2 but it wasn't that big of an issue. It didn't become an issue until I was actually pregnant. I see it written here all the time to not conceive until you two are settled. ...