or Connect

Posts by mimim

Yes. I would and I have. Generally, guys that young aren't "relationship" material though, which is ideal if you are just starting out.My suggestion is to pay attention to things that bother you, but don't dwell on them. Realize that you have to accept them or move on - you can't change them and you can't tolerate the intolerable. I am worried about being gun shy in the same way as you, but I think it's necessary. Better to be alone than to be in another unhealthy...
Because they can get away with it.I've been on both ends of that stick. I'm on your side of it right now. A flurry of sudden activity with 19 hour date guy and now I haven't heard a word from him for close to a week, which is a little disappointing, but predictable. The lesson I'm taking away from this: If you have to ask yourself if he really likes you, the answer is probably no.I'm still happy to have discovered that I can feel a strong attraction to someone. In the last...
It makes me glad and sad at the same time that there are so many of these songs. Common human condition and all. All I Want
Yay! He wants to know what I'm doing tomorrow! That's 3 dates in 8 days, ladies!
Moochie, That must hurt a lot. What a jackass.
Moochie, he's clearly told you that he doesn't want a relationship. My (very biased) guess is that he would like to have a NSA "booty call" arrangement with you and is being manipulative to get it. That's obviously not what you are saying you want with him. Find someone who wants the same things as you, even if it takes a long time. Easier said than done, I know. Martha, everybody is bad at online dating at first! It takes practice. Have fun with it while you figure it...
Martha, tone it down. "Hope that doesn't scare you off" and "still reading" are cliches. Mention the kids, maybe say something really brief about how you prefer them to be kept in the dark about your dating activities, but that you might share a cute story about your little ones with a date. Keep it very short. If you talk about them too much it makes it seem like you don't really mean that you aren't looking for a new daddy. And yeah. Lots and lots of guys run in the...
Picnics in the park are my favorite date! I'm in the position where I don't know any dateable men - and all of my single friends are in the same boat - so I use the internet and the picnics are normally saved for past the first date. To answer your earlier question, chicaalegre, I don't get heavy with the questions on first dates or hold any expectations at all. I normally speak about my kids very briefly and will address any topic that comes up in the conversation, but...
Those are some wise words, turtle. I agree. Stay for the time being, unless abuse develops. Finish school and give your child a chance to become verbal and have some early self-advocacy skills. It will be much easier in a few years. Just be very careful to avoid having another child in the meantime, so you don't end up back at square one.
I know I would feel the same way in your circumstances. Is is possible to only see K when your kids aren't around? I don't want my kids involved at all with anyone I am dating unless I'm sure they are a priority in my life and sticking around for a long time. Even when I was dating someone I cared about deeply, I kept my kids out of it because he wasn't stable enough to be in their lives. He also was completely uninterested in them, which helped of course.My pessimism...