or Connect

Posts by mimim

A question: What do you do when someone who you've just started seeing has a birthday approaching? I really like him so far, but we are definitely still at the stage where it's very unclear what will develop between us. If it was my birthday, I'd prefer to just have him say, "Hey, happy birthday. How's your day going?" or whatever, but I'm wondering if it would be better to get him a little gift.
He's not indicating that he will do this. She just trying to cover her bases in case the two parents, who will have an equal say in decision-making after this child's birth, can not come to an agreement on this before the birth. It doesn't seem like a good suggestion to break up an otherwise healthy family over that.To the OP, I really hope you can change his mind so you can stop worrying about this!! Looks like you are getting some good advice here for the most part. It...
Okay, you are right. I shouldn't pass judgment, since I don't know her side of the story. I was too harsh on her in defense of the OP and I mainly wanted to point out that the OP has no control over this situation until the birth and that he does have an obligation to his existing children, who are nearly grown, but still largely dependent on him for the time being.I am curious why she needs to move to Atlanta right now. There are completely valid reasons to make a...
Father of 3 is stating that the plan was for him and his wife to raise their new additions to the family in the place that they were currently living, at least for the first few years until he felt like his young adult children were fully independent, and his wife has now changed her mind and is not considering the other members of this family that she has married into in her decision making process. She has pulled a bait and switch on him. Pregnancy does make women more...
Wow. That does suck. I have to say that based on what you've shared here, it does sound like this was her plan all along. I'm sorry. I hope you can find a living arrangement that you can live with.
What sort of career change are you thinking of? Not sure if my story will be helpful at all, but... I was in grad school and struggling financially during my divorce and it was hard to find a job once I finished my degree due to the economic climate, etc, but I now am making lots of progress in my career. I'm a special ed teacher and have just been given (chosen over 2 other more experienced teachers) a new, more challenging assignment at my school for the fall. I didn't...
I agree with you miriam; everyone would have to be required to do this, with very very few exceptions.I am fiercely anti-war and anti-violence, yet I support compulsory military service. There is too much complacency about foreign policy and military practices in our culture. If everyone was required to serve, then I believe that a bigger proportion of the population would inform themselves and speak up about how our military is used and how it is run.
What makes you say schizoid in particular?To the OP, I know that guilty feeling you have, but it's not your fault. It's his. And it sounds like you are doing just fine by your DD. Extra-curriculars are just that, EXTRA. Make projects, read books, have those cool arty gatherings with her friends. That really is enough in addition to life's basic needs.
Update: Surgery was yesterday and went as well as could be expected. He can still only see movement in the injured eye, but he claims that it's a little bit clearer. He will be fitted with a contact lens that should restore partial vision once he has healed some and will have another surgery to give him a prosthetic lens in his injured eye down the road. And no matter what happens in the long run, he still has perfect vision in his other eye. He only has a little bit of...
This was an entirely preventable accident, not the kind of accident that happens to kids on a random basis. My exh was very clearly grossly negligent. Both of my kids are reporting that Dad was drinking beer and talking with the other adults present while a group of kids ran around with illegal fireworks. He allowed my child to be unattended in close proximity to explosives. But you are right, I will wait until the healing process is complete before I seek legal action....