or Connect

Posts by mimim

Yesterday my kids went with their dad to a holiday party. There were fireworks around and my 9 yo son got hit in the face and eyes with a bottle rocket. He will be okay, but is in pretty bad shape right now, in pain and with a patch over one eye and several kinds of medicine going in both eyes every hour for the next few days. His vision should be fine and he had no head injury. This kid a pretty reckless guy, so hopefully he will learn a lesson from this, but I feel just...
What a great post. Thank you. And welcome to MDC.
This thread makes me think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AIaakO9YDw Doing it our way! I was in grad school and 90% dependent on my exh's income when we separated. I managed to finish my degree and find a job I love and am now 100% financially independent. Feels gooood.
Lucifugous, I know the feeling. Just be cautious, because if you have a feeling that something is not right, whether it originates with you or with him, you are probably right. And hey, I just noticed that we are neighbors! Turtle, I agree with lucifugous about bringing up dating statuses early. I don't assume anything, but if I haven't had a conversation about exclusivity, I know that they might be seeing other people and I behave accordingly as far as hygiene, etc,...
How does he handle this sort of thing with other kids? Is he hyper-sensitive to rough play with peers too?
Might be a good idea to calmly request that someone contacts you next time they do this or, if it's a big deal to you, to ask your ex to stick to the 24 hour notice in future. Is anger over this justified? Probably not, unless you would have had to hunt your DS down in a case of emergency.
Bravo, Mr. Verone!
Turtle, don't lie to them if you start seeing two guys. Only do it if they are both okay with it. And I totally know how you feel about letting it go if he doesn't pursue it. I generally feel that way about most of the men I meet, unfortunately. Lucifugous, what makes you afraid of getting hurt? Just past relationship issues or something about this guy specifically? It sounds like your open expectations are really healthy though. Lorena, I hope he leaves you alone. You...
Ditto and it's been well over a month for me. I'm not too fussed about it though.
It won't ever go back to how it used to be. That's not they way the world works, unfortunately. If I remember correctly, you were with this guy for your whole life, right? It will take a long time to become accustomed to life without him. A year doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of time to have passed without you "getting over it", but I think if you change your frame of mind from "waiting for him" to "moving on", you will start to feel better soon. At first you...