or Connect

Posts by Midwesternmomma

This is sort of a long story, so, be warned. I have had cats my whole life, actually, my parents had cats before me. Anyway, dh grew up with NO pets and no love of animals. He meets me, I am temporarily pet-less at the time, but really wanting a kitten. He says he's not sure, blah, blah. I bring home a little kitty, he bonds really well with him, says kitties aren't so bad, life goes on. Fast forward three years, that kitty got out one day and never came back. ...
I know, from having been a plus size my entire life, that it is hard to be very large. Similarly, it must be very hard to be very small. I have friends that are very small and they say things like, I can't find clothes that fit right in women's sizes, so I have to shop in juniors and I don't WANT to look like a pre-teen, I'm 30 years old. I have always had to shop in plus sized stores, but never wanted to look like I was 80, that that was a problem, all fat women must...
Shannon, The way I see this situation, its a control issue. I know you have leg. concerns, and they are real, yet that does not change the fact that the smoking is HIS issue. You cannot nag him into changing. I know, because at one time I weighed 413 pounds, food was MY issue. I have two kids, I had them then too, but no matter what dh said about loosing weight for health issues, about getting under control, about how I was going to die , etc, etc... it didn't help....
nothing, so far... but an english muffin with cheese is sounding good....
I love to give books as gifts. My son will be six soon and he is really enjoying large books of many stories. Like, 20 American Heros (large bound book), All the stories of Thomas, traditional childhood stories... and I just bought one (that I am saving for Christmas) called ... The barefoot book of Brother and sister tales. I love giving books!
What was the last thing you bought off of the TP?
How did you find mothering or mothering.com? What is one of the coolest things you have learned from this site?
: : : :
My mom is my best friend, and always has been. My dad died when I was almost 3 and I have no memory of him, so for years and years it was just me and mom. She remarried when I was 10 and he died 6 years later. Those were rough years, not so much between me and mom, just because I wasn't ready to share her and the husband was a totally IDIOT (read: abusive, etc). We got even closer through that and I chose to live at home for the first few years of college. Those are...
My 5.5 yr old doesn't do much crazy stuff anymore... sadly, he's quite a serious boy. He did set up a "jumping" course in his room, but, its was shut down by the daddy police for environmental hazzard. DD, 2.5, is our free spirit. Lets see... today she. 1 .... tried to feed the cat a tomatoe... rather forcefully. 2 ... tried to FLUSH her panties down the toilet ... and 3. I caught her STANDING on the sink in the bathroom, to see herself in the mirror, and singing.