or Connect

Posts by Midwesternmomma

Ours is usually around $65.00.... this month was $121.00 ... last month $140. Summer stinks!
We would use credit cards too, and, unfortunately, it has gotten us into trouble in the past. When four big things happen in a month, or two months, you can be looking at major credit card bills that don't seem to have an end in sight. We seem to be getting things under control now, have paid off all but $1000 of credit card bills and have a plan to pay that off before Christmas. After Christmas the plan is to have a REAL savings account. One that stays just the...
WOW.... what a beautiful home!!!!!!!!! I would buy it in a heartbeat.... it really is JUST the kind that we are looking for. Unfortunately.... we need it to be in St. Louis.. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get a buyer!
What do you do with the stuff that you have, that you really don't need, but is worth something? We all have kids, so lets say kids clothes.... what do you all do with the kids clothes that you have that lets say are in great shape and maybe cost something new. Do you try to resell everything that is in good shape or just give it to goodwill and be glad its not in your house?
I think a re-fi is a good idea .... you also need to look at the equity you have built in your home and take that into consideration. If you bought the house for $250,000, but have $50,000 in equity, then a re-fi is a great idea, could bring your note down quite a bit. You say your hubby brings home $700 a week... or about $2,800 a month, has that money paid for insurance already? You have no car payments and no credit card debt....so you about about $1,300 to play...
You know, I have heard of people potty training their cats, but I have actually never talked to anyone that has a potty trained cat. Have you tried it? I would like to get rid of the litter box, that would be great!
No my kids are great sleepers... usually anyway, so when they sleep... SO DO I. The person below me knows what freecycle is....
Ok ... let's see.... I'm patient, and patient, and patient... and then moments come when I just can't handle it anymore and I fly off the handle. Poor kids, how are they ever going to know what to expect? And, I am always busy, always running, always doing, always this that or the other...they don't even ask me to play with them anymore and when I volunteer, they look at me like I'm nuts. Startin' to feel like a need a prozac here...
Can you believe I poured over those shows before ds was born? Now they make me gag... what was I thinking? My what I've learned in nearly six years....
Quickly - to the reference of streching your stomach out over the years... I asked the same question to the doc that did my bypass and he said no. He said that he has operated on people that weighed over 700 pounds and their stomaches were the same size as people who weigh 100 pounds... that the actual size of the stomach never changes. He could be wrong, but he is one of the top docs in his field. As for the feeling depressed over your weight... I've been there, I...