or Connect

Posts by momacat

I thought I would post some ideas that I have just gotten from a few friends: *Organize a meal giving *Mark the date of passing on your calandar, and either call, send a card *Help organize the thank you cards *buy and give her stamps that she will need *bring over sandwich fixings What not to do: *don't disappear.....continue to call regularly *allow her the freedom to cry, yell, be sad *don't say things like, "he has gone to a better place" My dear...
My dear, dear friend's husband just passed away....he had been sick with cancer for a long time. My friend is young, and has a beautiful 8 year old daughter. I am so very sad for them....My heart just breaks....They have all been through so much, I just wish I could blink my eyes and make everything alright for them. I want to reach out and help, and I am honestly not sure what I can, and should do. I am also not sure what I shouldn't do. I was hoping that others could...
That's okay, apmommy. I just didn't want anyone to feel like they had messed up with night nursing, or that they had been doing it wrong, if they had their cycle return on the early side.
I feel I have to comment here about the nursing through the night posts......Not everyone who nurses through the night will experience *long* delays in the return of menses. I am a prime example of the early side....My first born stayed latched through out the entire night for just about her first year of life....and I had my period return when she was 6 months old. After my twins were born, I used to nurse them sitting up, all night long in the beginning.....As they grew,...
You know, peacemama....That is a very good point! While my daughter would never have thought of such things when she was three years old, we had a friend whose little girl was into EVERYTHING all day long! So, while this topic isn't really a sex thing, it certainly is an individual little person thing! LOL
Hi 3newviews!! I remember feeling the same way about hearing the unsolicited advice, from friends, family, the peds office, regarding nursing. I just wish some folks would keep their comments to themselves. Nursing multiples is So Wonderful! Folks should be more supportive in their approach to the topic. One good thing though, as you start adding up the months, the raves do come! After a certain point, people realize that you are dedicated, and the same folks who are...
My first born showed me the way......Honestly, she would accept nothing less than being APed by us! As an infant, she was extraordinarily high needs.....she needed to be held all of the time.....She needed to sleep with us.....She needed to nurse frequently through out the day. 8 years ago, when I was pregnant with her, I *had* to have my nursery set up.....With the crib, changing table, glider rocker! What a silly waste of money that all was.....The only thing Kaitlyn...
I'm not going to be much help, as I am going through the very same thing with my boys. They seem to seek out dangerous and destrutive things to do when they are alone in a room. Like you experiecned, my older daughter would never have thought of doing such things. I wish I had a way to redirect them....but when I am in the bathroom showering, they know I am not there to stop them. *sigh*
That is a very good point AmandasMom. My daughter has an allergy to dairy, but before we dicovered the allergy, we switched to organic dairy products for this very reason. For more info, you can do a search on "Milk Premature Puberty".
Hi, 3 little birds! Thanks so much! I have a friend in real life who needed help to conceive...They had tried for almost two years, before conceiving her twins....She nursed them until they were around 25-26 months....A month or two later, she was Pregnant! What a wonderful surprise for them! Her new baby was almost born on the twins third birthday!