or Connect

Posts by rachelroo

Erigeron, I feel you! My mom has 8 kids and while I was pregnant with G I kept asking myself how she did it 8 times -because it just totally sucks, then I forgot.  Now I'm asking the same questions all over again, why would I do this to myself again???? After infertility and loss I am definitely grateful to be pregnant again. But it really blows! G makes a mess all day while I lay on the couch.  If I can accomplish a couple of things I am thrilled.
the wholemega brand is by New Chapter.  I have been taking their prenatal (which does not have DHA) for years.  I personally think it's the best prenatal out there! I have also been taking the wholemega omega-3 supplement for a while.  I found out this week that they have one specifically formulated for pregnancy.  I ordered it on Amazon a couple of days ago. DH will finish off the regular jar while I take the prenatal one. There wasn't a huge difference in price and I'm...
Seriously Douchey!!! I can not believe that people are so rude sometimes.  I have friends that say little snide comments about me still nursing and I just want to smack them.   On the Mother front.  I have a pretty good relationship with my mom, but having her at my birth(s) was not helpful.  She totally stressed me out.  I think this time I'm just going to say no, or you can watch G but you can't watch me. Because she had 8 home births I thinks she feels like she a...
I did not feel sick until I knew I was pregnant, but now that I do it's come on like a tidal wave. Placebo? I was taking extra naps and peeing constantly before I knew, but I also just turned 30 on Sunday so I just thought that I was getting old   for those of you who already have 2+ how did you change your AP with your 2nd.  I'm trying to figure out how I should try to navigate the constant holding and nursing and loving that go along with AP while chasing after a...
Hi Everyone, I'm Rachel. I live in the Washington DC metro area. I found out yesterday that I am expecting and am so glad to talk about it here.  I am going to wait until fathers day to tell DH.   This is my third pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended at 20 weeks in 2008.  It was heartbreaking, we tried for three years to get pregnant and to have it end in loss tore me up.  We tried for almost three more years and were blessed with our beautiful daughter G. She is 17...
EDD:  Feb 16th LMC would predict the 6th but I generally have a long follicular phase. 3rd pregnancy second live birth DD (G) is 17 months Gender: I hope it a boy for DH I hope it's a girl for me (so I can re-use everything) Will write more in the introductions.
bathing supplies... shampoo lotion   I'm going on a trip soon too, so I would like to see others ideas too!
This is so beautiful, I think when I'm ready to write my birth story I will do it as a letter too!
I had my baby! Genevieve was born at 9:29am 12/31 at exactly 41 weeks. I labored for 36 hours, crazy back labor because she was OP. I felt bad because I got pain meds in the birth center so I could rest between contractions, but I don't feel bad that I got them, rather because my mom was there and I have always been the natural birth believing daughter with her, and I had a not so natural birth. I sort of feel like it disappointed her.  It's sort of like an earlier...
I was timing contractions last night too.  Every 4-6 minutes from 6pm till about 5am, now they are just random again. So more waiting is in store I suppose.  The membrane sweep yesterday was uncomfortable, but not that bad. Just hoping to have a baby before Sunday so she can meet her grandma.  I'm fine if I don't... because I feel fine staying pregnant a little longer, I would just feel so bad for my mom making the trip.