or Connect

Posts by Queen of Carrots

My chiro learned Webster just to do on my twins. Not only did it work, (The second one didn't turn until 38 weeks) it felt wonderful (relaxes those tense, overstrained ligaments or something). Tell your chiro it can't hurt to try!
I had a twin VBAC at 40 weeks and a day. It went great! I haven't written up the full details yet, (maybe when they're 5?) but I'll send you the short version.
I had a vaginal birth in a hospital, and was amazed at how well it went. When we found out it was twins at 5 months, some of the doctors at the practice we were with wanted me to go straight to c-section (I had a prior c-section), some were willing to let me "try" a vaginal birth. And of course we had no idea who would show up when we went into labor. So I called the local chapter of ICAN and asked who they would recommend. I got the number of a solo practice OB who...
Congratulations on making it so far! Mine were born at 40 weeks one day. I took the kids swimming in the morning the day before and went out to a fancy dinner with DH in the evening. Definitely try to do something fun--it's a lot better than sitting around trying to imagine contractions. :-)
How little is really little, weight-wise? I'm wondering if it's the size of mine (they're probably about 7.5 and 8.5 lbs now.) But I probably just need to keep playing with it. That and figuring out how to nurse with one in there . . .
Anybody worn both babies in a pouch or wrap? That's all I have for now. I tried them both in the wrap, and they fit but they kept bonking heads (They're 2 weeks.) DS is really hard to carry in anything even by himself because he has a super long neck and wiggles constantly. His head keeps flopping out of whatever I put him in. (He did better when I swaddled him first, though.) I'd like to make some mei tais eventually (or maybe talk grandma into doing it . . ....
My twins aren't that age yet, but my bigger kids are (4 and 2.75) and we definitely have quiet time! (Actually they still nap pretty much every day.) Some things have helped keep it sane. Separating them. They share a room, but for nap time for a long time we would just put one in our room, either on our bed or if we were nervous about an accident, dragging their (crib-size) mattress into our room. Or on the couch, or whatever. Just so they couldn't see or talk to each...
Quote: Originally Posted by vanauken Yay! Congratulations! And what great weights! How's feeding them going? Isn't it amazing to see those two little faces looking up at you? : : Feeding them is going really well--I had to wake them up the first couple of days, but they have certainly caught on now. Faster than their older siblings, even. Those last few weeks of being pregnant *were* worth it, after all.
Thanks for the encouragement to be patient, everybody! I put the castor oil away at least for one more day and decided to try the date night idea instead. : Fortunately my husband knew that when I was getting that distraught labor was imminent, but he also knew better than to try to tell me that. We had a fabulous night out, a wonderful dinner and a good rest. My water broke the next morning at 5 a.m. (Wednesday) and I went to four-minute apart contractions right...
I really, really, really thought I would have these babies by now. But my due date has passed and they're still not here. I'm trying to trust my body, but I'm starting to worry something is wrong and I can't go into labor for some reason. I was 3 cm dilated and 85% effaced last Wednesday, so it keeps looking like labor is imminent--why won't they come out? What if they stay in too long? (I know it's rare, but it DOES happen.) I don't think I'd worry so much if I had a...