or Connect

Posts by mizlizzy

Yes, I do think your mind can help hold your body off from labor if the circumstances are not right. Especially if you tend to a slightly longer gestational period anyway. I was re-reading parts of Spiritual Midwifery the other day, and I was struck by how many of the stories had some aspect of this mind-body connection- the baby waiting to come until a spouse returned from a trip, or the midwives helped the parents work through some unspoken issue in their...
It's quiet on this thread, hopefully lots of mamas are giving birth or cuddling w their newborns.   This way me exactly, cynthiamoon, down to the cherries! I though Tues was the day!   I'm 41+2 today, no contractions to speak of all day. I've conquered the flea problem. The house is nearly spotless with all this nesting, frustrated labor energy. My midwife did a NST yesterday and everything was good. She is also an acupuncturist, so she did the baby come out points. She...
40+ 5 days here. Still waiting and hoping on the full moon here too. I didn't do my clever hotel plan, as we didn't do a bug bomb. I cleaned the house all day, which brought on contractions so strong I was sure it was happening, and I had to sit out dinner to go on the birth ball. Then I took a bath and everything stopped! I'll go to my midwife for acupuncture tomorrow. Definitely having feeling like effacement is happening. We tried to do a cervical check, but husband...
I did not mean to hijack this thread and turn it in to the flea thread, but I really appreciate all the input and it is helping me calm down about it to be able to vent here. I have decided on the following IPM (integrated pest management) plan:     Step 1:  Diatomaceous earth/washing all soft items in HOT water /vacuuming/ sealing off the room so they don't spread.   Step 2:  I'm looking at doing a IGR (insect growth regulator) with methoprene to kill the...
I am actually relieved  in a way to find fleas, because I was getting mysterious bites  (only me) at night, and I was petrified it was bed bugs! I spent alot of time reading bed bugger.com and did a whole protocol to check for them and cleaned the room top to bottom, put traps under the bed posts, even encased the mattress. The traps turned up nothing, and there were no other signs of bedbugs.   Fleas seem much easier to treat, I am thankful it did not turn out to be...
I'm here too! EDD: July 17th. I was not really expecting to go into labor before 41 weeks, so I'm just waiting it out. My older daughter was 41+3 and I induced with castor oil (which I would never do again or reccomend to anyone!). My own birth was at 42+5 and was induced with Pitocen. And get this, my mother's birth in 1946 was 44+1 weeks! My grandmother swore by her dates. My mother was due on Christmas and was born on Jan 23. So I am not going to start to feel...
Love this thread I am so grateful for so many things! Everything is coming together!   -My best friend of 25 years (who lives on the other coast) was in our hometown for a wedding, and came down to visit me! It was so great to see her and she was so generous and she took the whole family out to dinner! We never, ever go out, it was such a treat relaxing in the beautiful garden of a local brewery just down the road from us.   -Husband finally finished painting and...
No! Tea oil is very strong and should not be applied where it could go internally! It will burn! bad idea. It is usually only used diluted w a carrier oil, unless on a nail/skin fungal infection.
City for sure!   You receive a windfall of $10,000 that must be spent on one of two things: Would you choose a vacation for the family or a kitchen remodel?
Wow, that is a tough one! Right now a pedicure because I can't reach!   Would you rather go blind or deaf?