or Connect

Posts by Lizbiz

Quick reply here before I get ready for work:  It will get better. You are the mom and what you say needs to go, or the nanny needs to go.  I would schedule some time (20-30 minutes) with your nanny prior to her next shift (or make it work so you can stay longer) to review what happened and give her very clear, detailed re-direction.  I would also let her know that you are a first-time mom with many priorities you are juggling - you can't focus on chatty conversation...
I nursed my first son until he was 2 and my daughter until she was 16 months.  Neither of them really self weaned - but it was a totally untraumatic process with both of them - I just cut a feeding out every week and voila, they were weaned in 3 weeks, and neither of them really showed any signs of emotional distress over it - they were just too busy being toddlers to notice.  By the time they weaned, they were both nursing just 2 or 3 times a day - right upon waking in...
My LO was probably between 11-12 pounds at 8 weeks, but I'm just guessing.  He was a little under 7 1/2 pounds at birth and gained very very quickly.  He's now 11 weeks, 5 days and weighs 13 pounds, 9 ounces.  My biggest baby yet, I'm pretty sure.  My calmest baby too - he's never expending energy crying, that's for sure! 
Boots - Ugh, that stinks that your principal might replace you - I hope that is not the case, especially in light of the fact that you're only asking for 6 more weeks.  I would be through the roof if that happened to me.  Are you able to communicate more openly with your principal your desire to stay in your current position and try to work that out and head off any unwanted changes in advance, or does it not work that way?     On the other hand, if you really don't...
Just want to pipe in with words of encouragement here - what you look like now is NOT what you will look like six months or a year from now.  Bodies take time to heal.  Our bodies were pregnant and stretched (in many ways!) for 9 months - I know I am amazed at my body's resiliency and elasticity - you will recover, that belly will shrink substantially - your hips will get smaller again.  Some things will change for good (my tummy will never be as tight as it was when I...
This is post-baby #3 for me - and so I'm not sure I'm as in tune to what's changed pre-baby because it's been 5 years.  :)  A LOT has changed... I am loving my boobs - they ROCK post-partum because I'm breastfeeding - I have cleavage people!  Trying not to flaunt it though - it's just not cool in the higher ed world ;).  So, my husband is the sole beneficiary.     I feel like my hips will always be just a bit wider.  My tummy is slowly going away - it always takes...
So glad I'm far from the only one headed back soon!     Bottles: I am using NUK bottles.  Anthony seems to like those quite a bit.  We tried using the Medela bottles that came with my pump - and Anthony will take them - but he really sucks down a bottle quickly when we use a Nuk, and since my husband will have Anthony as well as our 2 1/2 year old at home, time matters.   My first was super picky about what bottle he would take (unlike my other two - who were...
CCoello - I would probably do the drive halfway and then fly the rest of the way option - especially to introduce your babe to your grandparents.  I'm not a fan of long roadtrips with babies in carseats - especially such little ones who need to nurse so often.  But, I've done some really long car and plane trips with all age ranges of kids, and the good news is that everyone survives - and babies eventually need to sleep - so they can't cry forever :).  And sometimes...
Anyone else going back to work or already there?  I'm starting a new job October 1 and I am gearing up.  I have very mixed feelings.  Excited for the job itself - but a little anxious about how it's all going to fit together.  And I HATE pumping LOL... just started last week to start building the habit and a little stash... and it's the bane of my existence. :)    And I'm pretty sure I'm going to be so tired I'll be like the walking dead for a while until my LO is...
sallyrae - I totally agree - having my first was such a HUGE adjustment, going from one to two was much easier and now from 2 to 3 has been even easier.  There's more going on now - it's busier... but I'm better at it and it's not so dang overwhelming in all the ways that being a brand new mom is overwhelming.     The bonding is tough through these fussy weeks.  Give it time and yes, their personalities will start to show themselves, the smiles will come, and just...