or Connect

Posts by Lizbiz

Holy crow to all of you who lost it all in the first week or two!  Whoa... I WISH!! :)  I gained about 30 pounds total and I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks, but I KNOW I've got at least 15-20 still to lose.  I'll be six weeks pp this Thursday.  I lost about 12 pounds from the birth and it's been very slow going since then.  This seems pretty normal for me - but oh, I wish I were one of those that dropped it all in the first few weeks.     I just got into...
Hi Everyone,    I am checking back in after a Loooooong silence to say hello.  I've been trying to keep up with everyone a little and reading up a bit while nursing, but it's been a busy month here as we decided after Anthony was a week old that we were going to find a place of our own (we'd been living with my in laws since we returned to the US in mid-July), buy a car, buy a whole new house of furniture, and get our son enrolled in school in Ann Arbor instead of...
I change dipes as little as possible - if I must - then I change between breasts or before nursing so that the baby has the opportunity to get sleepy again.  At this point, my babe is not pooping overnight anymore (they'll stop doing this for the most part after the first few weeks, I find) - so I use an uber-absorbent pampers dipe for nights and just let it go. If my baby pooped, I would change them right away.     I also don't burp unless I sense the baby needs to...
My baby sleeps right next to me on a blanket of his own (to catch burps and spit ups and leaks) with a waterproof pad under the blanket.  We sidelie and nurse, and I use a separate light blanket to cover me.  I lightly swaddle the baby in his own blanket (with his arms free), and Anthony is sometimes on his back and sometimes on his side.  I keep a burp cloth handy, because I sometimes have to sit up and burp him if he swallows too much air at night.  I also keep a...
This is a long time coming, but I've wanted to post and share Anthony's birth story for a while - it just took me a bit to get it down on paper.       Agh, this birth!  It’s been such a crazy build up to the birth – busy work, job hunt, new job, resigning my job, moving across the world – that I have registered that I’m pregnant, but I really feel like I barely got to think about the birth until we were in Michigan for a week (then I gave birth a week and half...
Hey Boots,  I just wanted to mention that babies (especially newborns) have a really strong sucking reflex - and that manifests itself at nighttime more than any other time (at least, that's the way I feel :) - so some babies can seem 'hungry' (and be rooting and fussy), when what they really want is to just suck suck suck.  So, the formula may not really be the answer (and I could be wrong here - I just want to offer an alternate explanation for Lyle's fussiness...
Welcome Sweet Calder!! :)  Adorable! 
Stick to your guns.  The name is beautiful and very unique.  Who cares if it's hard to spell/pronounce?  People will get the hang of it.  I think if you stick to loving the name and owning that as you share it with others... people will also realize how beautiful it is.     Names are tricky - everyone's got opinions.  We never share names until the baby is born and the name is official - not up for discussion.  
congrats everyone!  yay for more babies!!! 
Baby Anthony!   Lovin' all these sweet babes!!