or Connect

Posts by Lizbiz

Quick note to share that our little boy arrived at 11:05pm on Thursday, August 2, weighing about 7 pounds 6 ounces.  It was a tough labor (gosh darn it, mine are never easy, I was just cursing Ina May's orgasmic birth stories about 1/2 way through! ;), and I am so relieved it's over and he's here.  I think he's a pretty precious little man (pics and more details to come) :).    Thought of you ladies a lot throughout and hope everyone is well.  Looking forward to more...
Is it impossible to not only refuse the antibiotics, but to also refuse the invasive 'care' for your newborn?  It may be a hospital policy, but it's also your baby, and you can tell them you absolutely will room in with your baby, and that the docs can't do the blood draw.  Maybe they have a waiver for this that you can sign?     It's totally up to you - but I might work toward this.  I've also read quite a bit about this issue (I'm not GBS positive this time, but I...
Congrats Ninetales!!! :)  What a big wonderful boy - so happy for you!
Thinking of you Ninetales!!! Hope all goes well on both fronts.  
Wow Justchanti!  So exciting!  Thinking of you today... sending lots of wonderful baby birthing blessings your way!
I make a really strong comfrey tea leaf on the stovetop and then use about 4 TB of that on a pad and freeze individually - it's supposed to have healing properties and so far I've had extremely smooth healings down there :).  It also feels like heaven post-birth!     I also use a peri-bottle with warmish water and 3-4 drops of this essential oil mixture that also encourages healing.  With that and the frozen comfrey leaf pads - I stay pretty comfortable.  
Hey Lily Tiger - Hope all goes well with the ultrasound and that it just confirms that the baby is still vertex.     You had asked about the flight - well, it was hard!!! I gained (and have since lost) about 6 pounds of water weight in 24 hours - I was very swelled (and I usually do not struggle with swelling at all).  And we were in seats where the armrests didn't go up - so our kids couldn't sprawl into their own seats to sleep with their heads in our laps -...
Hey Y'all!     I am coming up on 37 weeks (on Thursday) and we've been in the USA for a full week now.  Wow - time FLIES.  I'm still a bit jetlagged and feeling tired - but we've got things more or less set up for the birth - and I feel far enough along that if I go at anytime, it'll be fine.  I had a doctor's appointment today here just in case we do need to go to a hospital - I loved the nurse and the facility seems nice, but I didn't love the doc.  Not bad or...
Argh... Lily Tiger - that would drive me nuts!!  It is really hard when my husband and I are in dif't places about what our priorities need to be.  We both work hard to empathize with each other, but it's not always easy to do so.     Maybe he feels like you're obsessing a little bit??  Which, by the way, is a normal thing to do at this stage of the pregnancy, especially a first pregnancy.  But it doesn't justify him being a bit of an a$$ about things.  Maybe he's a...
I don't care very much for gowns of any kind (they always just ride up on me!) - and for both of my labors, I just started in whatever I was wearing that day, and then eventually just ended up in nothing (I think I had wool socks left on during my winter labor by the end).  Right afterward, I really just wore a non-maternity bigger cotton shirt or tanktop and those mesh panties - no bra needed until the milk comes in for me.     I do like having nursing bras/tanks...