or Connect

Posts by Lizbiz

Hi Everyone!    Ithappened - Congrats on your BEAUTIFUL big babies.  I've never carried even one 8 pound baby - my hats off to you.  I hope you are enjoying your little munchkins.    KristyD - Holy Cow - you are handling all of the sudden change so well - so glad you guys are still secure, etc.  I hope everything continues to settle in ok and you figure out your birth situation.    Veritas - Sorry - what a bummer about B's travel schedule.  And I think you'll...
Lily Tiger - I think it depends on how often you do wash and how stinky your diapers get.  But I think you'll want something that is either covered or zips (iow - something that seals odors in) regardless.  When I CDed, my little one did not poop in diapers (we did 'elimination communication' :), and I still liked something that covered.     You could consider a pail in the bathroom/laundry room and then just the drawstring bag in the nursery.  That way you'd still...
Holy Crow, ithappened - I would LOSE it on your FIL.  That is some really low, selfish behavior, and completely unacceptable.  Whoa.  Not sure how I would maintain that relationship.  I'm so sorry.    LilyTiger - Sorry for the tough day. :( I hope you find some rest and space.     I'm kind of in the dumps a bit - my husband is gone (just overnight), and whichever one of us is left behind tends to bum out.  He's busy and just had a great concert and he'll be home...
  I don't feel like eating during labor, but I usually need to eat.  It's kind of like running a marathon - very hard to feel like fueling up mid-run, but I know intellectually that if I don't continue to eat and drink, I will run out of gas.  So I eat my sports gels and drink my electrolyte replacement fluid dutifully, and I have the strength to keep on moving.     I am the type who doesn't do well without food for long stretches.  If I were you, I would simply sneak in...
Hey there!  Plenty hungry - my baby has dropped too.  I'm up around 27 pounds at 35 weeks - give or take.  I'm not really watching what I'm eating that carefully, to be honest - although I'm not going nuts or anything.  I just sort of feel like there are only so many areas of my life I can discipline at once - I'm here with a huge belly, two active kiddos, and I'm moving across the world in 3 days - I will have my bubble tea and drink it too, so to speak!  :)...
I swear by using a backpack myself... I never had a diaper bag because I didn't want to lug anything over my shoulder.  I often have my baby in the Ergo on one side of me and my backpack on the other (front or back).  That way I stay really mobile and agile and hands free.  I use a small Deuter backpack with mesh pockets on the sides (one for sippy cup and one for garbage) and a little front pocket for my wallet/phone/keys/chapstick.  Very lean set up and just right for me!
Anyone else's baby dropped?  Mine has, so thankfully, no more heartburn, but whoa, when I've got to pee, I've got to pee - like so many of you!  Yeesh!     And yes, it all Free Willy flopping around at night here - I'm constantly shifting from side to side... and then going potty - no more nice, long, uninterrupted nights of sleep :).     I'm also much more touchy emotionally.  The other night I was stressing about our move while getting a bowl of cereal.  My...
Veritas - I am also one of those people who do NOT want a 3-ring circus at my births.  I'm very much in need of peace and quiet and the freedom for it to just be me and my husband.  My first birth was midwife attended - and I LOVED both of my lovely, unobtrusive midwives... so that worked out very well.  One was a bit too chatty though (the assisting midwife who I hadn't really spent much time with before) - she realized I was Christian about 1/2 way through from my book...
LeAnn - When we had our first, we had just moved and were in boxes... and had just gotten back from a big trip to Georgia.  I worked all week, really hard - to get ready for maternity leave.  I had just passed off my work duties to my colleagues at a staff retreat and then that night, I picked up our birth kit (which took it's grand ol' time arriving) from our old place, drove home to our new place - and went into labor at 4am :).  We had no food in the fridge, boxes all...
I just wanted to add... that YES... it's hard to be big and pregnant at the end and I'm daydreaming about being unpregnant and working my way back to normal fitness wise... and just having more space in my belly... but it's quite a tradeoff - great to have the baby, of course, but MUCH more work, yes.  So, I'm trying to enjoy the relative 'freedom' of being hugely pregnant - I don't have to nurse round the clock, no multiple midnight feedings, balancing the needs of 3...