or Connect

Posts by Lizbiz

I'm eating like a horse too... Whoa.  Trying not to, but it's just hard in the midst of all this packing/moving and being so DARN pregnant.  :)  I feel huge, and I'm getting the twin question.  Don't people know better than to ask that?     And... I had an ultrasound today ;).  1st one since 11 weeks along and there is a big ol' sweet baby in there, just as I suspected!  Seriously, though, everything is looking very good - good position, good fluid, good placenta,...
I've had two homebirths - one midwife assisted and one unassisted.  Loved both of them.  This third is planned as an unassisted birth as well.  Will proceed this way unless there's a problem. None anticipated!
We usually phone both sets of our parents to ask them to pray for us while we're in labor.  I've never, ever, heard another word from them until we call with the news of the birth - and I've had long labors.  I also usually send an email to a select group of friends to let them know and ask them to pray as well.  I can't imagine anyone daring to drop in without being expressly invited (not that they could have in either case due to distance, but I just don't think they...
Mornin' from China... We're taking off a week from tomorrow.  I'm taking today (Sunday) off with my kids.  Off from work and off from packing.  Just need a day with my kiddos and a day of belly rest.  I think I've got a bit of food poisoning (again, for like the 40th time in 4 1/2 years :).  Hopefully it will be shortlived.  My husband has two orchestra concerts as soloist this weekend and next - so he is off to Shanghai today.  Our church said a blessing on us last...
Ithappened - you are Gorgeous!  Amazing and really... just beautiful.    And Lily - hardcore!  Awesome!
Well... if you find a nice hotel - can you leave when you go into labor or is it too far away?   And, do you need to ask permission to give birth in the hotel?  This is sort of borderline - but I'm such a proponent of homebirth that taking the "Ask forgiveness later." mentality seems reasonable due to the fact that I think it's a GREAT injustice that homebirth isn't more accessible in the US and elsewhere.  I never asked our landlord's or neighbor's permissions if I...
Oh geez... I just read this and I can so relate.  I love my mother, God bless her, but she is the absolute WORST at keeping secrets, OR she shares things that simply aren't true if she's not comfortable with reality.  I have, time and again, had to have a firm talk with her about sharing my news (which I was just relating to her personally, not so that she could share it with the entire family - which, in my case, includes 14 siblings, their spouses, children, children's...
Yep, puking and pooping are two things I generally do during labor :).  Can't be helped!  It's pretty much a whole-body kind of experience, that's for sure.  But trust me, when you're in the midst of it, you don't even care... You're way too on another planet to worry about whether or not you're pooping.  And generally, you can't even tell you're pooing, because at that point you're pushing - which is basically all that lies between you and meeting/getting your baby out...
I've lost 2 pounds... somehow... or else the scale in my doc's office is just a bit off.  
I'll admit my nipples were pretty sore for the first two weeks of nursing my first baby :(.  I had sensitive nipples, and struggled to get the latch right, and my son was kind of a distracted eater (and still is!).  I know that's not everyone's experience, but it helped me when I was struggling through those first weeks to know that others had also struggled and persevered and had gone on to have great breastfeeding success.  Lansinoh was my best friend, and I also went...