or Connect

Posts by Lizbiz

Hold up ladies!  I've got to make it back to the US before I have this baby!!! It is only July 4, after all!   After July 16 (when I arrive on US soil), I declare the baby floodgates can open with abandon ;).  
34 Weeks! 
Ithappened - AWESOME news finding some extra help! Gah! FINALLY!!! So happy for you. Lily Tiger - Why do you have to chafe your nipples beforehand? Whatever that entails, it doesn't sound fun. Recently, I've been really sensitive there and it's like nails on chalkboard when my 2 1/2 year old touches my breasts :) (which she LOVES to do - she's been weaned since 16 months, but still loves the 'nursies'). Anyway, I can't imagine chafing them on purpose just now. ...
I get tons of BH too.  It's actually a warning sign for me when I'm having too many that it's time for more fluids and rest.     I have to wrap my head around the fact that we're going to have to buy carseats for three kids when we get home.  I haven't used carseats in 4 1/2 years.  Livin' on the edge here in China ;).  
I must say... this thread is hilarious... but put me in the camp of solidly preferring my husband totally naked ;).  I LOVE his every part - and altogether he is one wonderful package.  :)  
Hey Everyone - Just a quick check in this morning - I can't believe we're all on the homestretch!     Put me solidly in the camp of having nothing done for baby.  :)  I am just packing up our house (trying to anyway!), selling our stuff, and trying to keep it together between work, saying goodbyes, and our kiddos.  A friend threw us a farewell dinner last night and it was lovely, but my son came down with a fever at the party and then it downpoured and we got stuck...
  Seriously, I would sue over something like this! :) WHAT????!!!! You just gave birth - dang hospital should have at least the ability to scramble some eggs and throw in some toast for you.  3am or 3pm... shouldn't make a lick of difference.  That is INSANE.  I would seriously lose it over this ;).    Food is really important to me.  That would be a total deal breaker and I might have just walked to the nearest Taco Bell myself!! :)  
Hi - I don't eat that much during labor - I try to have a decent meal when I first go into labor - whatever I can manage!  Like a Veggie Burger or eggs - something with protein.  I have so far had longish labors though.     Once I'm in active labor - it's my husband's job to make sure I'm eating bits here and there and staying hydrated.  I drink Gu2O - it's what I drink when marathoning and it's an electrolyte replacement drink.  I also eat cookie dough Balance Bars...
Thankfully, Newmumjoy, I don't have Bell's Palsy this time around (yet!) - I'm just scared I'll get it again given that I'm meeting all the risk factors for it and I've had it before...    I'm just realizing that I've GOT to slow down - no matter if I'm working, moving across the world - I have to just let the small stuff go, slow down at work, and rest.  I've been pushing WAY too hard, and on Friday I spent the day feeling like I was going into labor.  Too much...
OOoohhh... I love cloth diapering too... although... I had #2 and then started working full time and then, well, we went back to sposies (and now we have no one in diapers for one more month).  But we're both excited to try cloth diapering again this time around.  We also do a bit of diaper free and put our babes on the potty a lot as infants.  I did diaper free pretty much full time (except for nighttime and naps) with our 1st and he's pooped in the potty since he was 4...