or Connect

Posts by Lizbiz

Hey There - You sound really worried and so I would just call your midwife so you don't go crazy with anxiety all weekend (which is what I do when I'm really worried :).     You know, when I've lost my mucus plugs, it's ALWAYS been accompanied by a bloody show, always (well both times, it's only been twice).  And yes, labor shortly followed - BUT, not without a bloody show.     So... I wonder if what you saw really was your mucus plug - if it was just mucus, and...
LOVE the story about how you and your husband got together... totally amazing how those things work sometimes, eh? ;)   What has been the biggest challenge of this pregnancy?  Biggest surprise?    How did you find out you were pregnant? Who did you tell first? 
Feral Fox - What a tough situation! Why do they take your baby away and make them have formula with a GD diagnosis??? That seems really strange.
My husband apparently loves the different forms of me... he loves when I'm big and prego and he loves when I'm lean and marathoning - and anything in between. It's all good in his mind and I think he enjoys the variety. I actually have a chest to speak of just now :). I tell him to enjoy it while it lasts! Today he said he feels like he's forgotten what I look like un-prego. (Uh, I haven't and can't wait to get my body back!) I love the prego hormones and whatever...
Indeed one or the other :).  Def. NOT both!  So glad you've got an end date in sight ithappened!  That has to feel great.   I am almost over the two colds in a row I caught over the last two weeks.  And now I am trying to rest as much as possible, because in my third trimester of my last pregnancy, I got Bell's Palsy (paralysis of half of the face due to inflammation in a nerve by the ear) after I had a cold and then I got Bell's Palsy again on the other side of my...
Hey Y'all,    I think that this rising anxiety is pretty darn normal for the later stages of pregnancy.  I think it's partly hormonal too - I know that the week before I go into labor I'm an emotional wreck.  It's really normal to have fears and uncertainties - bringing a new life into the world is a big deal - and I would refute anyone who thinks it's a selfish thing to do.  Just wait a couple of years, and then look back on all the sacrifices you've made to serve...
I will be trying to rest as much as humanly possible after the birth.  I'm notorious for trying to push too hard post birth and I swear I'm not doing it again.  I'll take all the help I can get and I will rest whenever I get the chance.  That said, I know I'll need some fresh air and changes of scenery and time with my older ones... so I'm not going to put myself on bedrest... but I'll take what I can get!     I think babymooning is a great great GREAT idea :).   
I'm ultimately moving to Ann Arbor, but will be in West Bloomfield for the first few months... 
I'm pumped I get to start a thread!  Yeah!     Chat away ladies!     AFM - doc appt. today - all's well on the baby front - growing growing growing - and good blood pressure! I get to have a sonogram at my next appt at 34 weeks - VERY excited for that.  ;) It's the first since 11 weeks.  Also prepping to have all my records copied so I can bring them to Michigan.    Speaking of which - anyone know any good resources online to find a good midwifery practice or...
This would totally annoy me!  I'm the kind of person who wants to know EXACTLY what I weigh, for better or for worse.  I wish I cared less, but I care.  And I would flip a bit at an additional 15 pounds recorded for posterity in my chart - however irrational that may seem.     I was all excited today because I haven't gained weight in 4 weeks and I had a doctor's appt. - last time I was there she told me I needed to stop gaining 'so much' weight :) - and was really...