or Connect

Posts by Lizbiz

Up 24 pounds at 32 weeks 4 days.  Should have about 5-6 weeks to go!
I had an infant tub for my son and daughter and I liked it - but then again, we did not have a big bathtub in China.  I do like the control that an infant tub gives you for a newborn, although they quickly outgrow it.  What I think we'll do back in the US - is just get the wired thingamabob that has a like a hammock seat where you rest the baby in to bathe it - do you know what I'm talking about?  It's not an infant tub, but rather just a hammock that the baby rests in...
Hey ithappened - just want to reiterate what sallyrae said about kiddos not popping out and already being crazy 2 1/2 year olds and add to that to mention that they don't STAY crazy 2 1/2 year olds either.  My son who is almost 5 now has always been incredibly incredibly high energy and he's still that at 5 - but much more rational, manageable (most of the time), and really, a lot a lot of fun.  At 2 1/2 you can start to discipline and direct that energy - especially as...
Hey Everybody - Quick check in here - Wow we are really moving into the homestretch. Everyone's getting big, tired and stressed ;).  So normal and so so so meaning we are almost ready to have these babies!!!    I am just about 32 weeks and doing fine - but I'm pretty exhausted.  I haven't had a day off in two weeks.  I also have a cold (the one the rest of my family had last week - thankfully I didn't get it when I was working 16 hour days ;).  I'm starting to reach...
Lansinoh disposable breast pads are great - I needed them with my first as I leaked all the time, but not my second (apparently, your boobs get smarter :).     Lanisinoh cream - I only used pure lanolin as a help and it was really effective for me.     A Boppy or some kind of nursing pillow. I feel like this is a must.  Using normal pillows is much more of a pain.     Nursing bras/tanks - I like Bravado the best.  The quality is good and they can be used for...
Penny - I have totally gotten that too.  This higher up here (who is not my favorite banana in the bunch anyway) totally said, "Wow, you are BIG.  Do you think there are two?"    She should know better, in fact, I think she does.  Grrrrr....     Yum, anything zuchinni and chocolate is awesome in my book.  Yum.  Hungry :).    AND... DRUM ROLL... We are (if the offer doesn't fall through) - moving back to the US!  Still not QUITE sure if it'll be before or...
Hey Y'all,    Just finished a 13-hour workday here :) and still have another hour or so of work at home before I can call it quits for a few hours of sleep.  Just wanted to check in and say hello - Eleuthia - so sorry about the placenta issues.  I'll be keeping you and babe in my prayers - that all goes simply and smoothly and that you are peaceful with wherever the birth is.  I think I might be more comfortable in a hospital in that case too.  Chotckes - great great...
Hey Everybody!! Well, I've got insomnia tonight... in two days or so I should know whether or not we'll be moving back to the US or staying here, and I can't stop mulling over everything tonight.  Rats.  I also had a rotten little bout of food poisoning last night and a very rough night with my two little kiddos (they were just... in rare form).  So, I'm exhausted, but not. :)   Can't believe we're this far into the pregnancy!  31 weeks on Thursday.  I'm hitting a...
I didn't have family nearby when I gave birth to my first, and my parents couldn't come until the baby was about 4-5 weeks old or so.  Then my sister came the following week (it was as soon as she could get time off).  So we were on our own for the first month and my husband took a week off when the baby was born.  It was fine - for the most part - just hanging on our own.  We had friends who brought us meals/did dishes and that helped a lot, and some visitors - but...
Hey Everyone!    Veritas - CONGRATS!!  That's got to feel so good and what great peace of mind going into this last part of your pregnancy.  BTW - My husband and I worked together for a few months when we were just married and temping to make ends meet - and it was actually pretty fun - we shared a cubicle :).  I do remember one morning when we were fighting though before work and that was a pretty quiet morning until we broke down and made up.    Pennywhistle -...