or Connect

Posts by Lizbiz

I'm up 24 pounds at 30 weeks.  And the weight gain is slowing now - no gain this week.  This is totally my pattern - I imagine I will not gain too too much more - maybe 5 more pounds over all, I'd bet.  I usually end up with a 30-ish pound gain overall.  I always get grumpy about 28 weeks and feel chubby and then the weight starts to shift to my baby and I start to lose.  I already feel less love-handley.  :)
Hi Everyone!    Leann - sounds like you just overdid it to me... I know the feeling.  It really sets me back if I push too hard, and I still try anyway sometimes.  I tried to run two days in a row this weekend and the second day I had to slow down to a brisk walk because my body was fatigued from the previous day's run.  I'm going to try again tomorrow and see how it goes - I may be nearing the end of my running days altogether, but I'm not quite ready to give up...
Congratulations!! Your boy is totally darling.  Wow - I'm very happy for you and so glad all is well.  Yes, please keep us posted!!! 
ithappened - Nursing attire and me only last so long I find - I use it for the first few months and then when I'm more or less back to normal - I ditch it and go back to all my normal clothes/bras.  Except for the fact that I tend to always layer a nice tank under my shirt so i can pull up my top layer and have my tummy covered when I'm nursing in public or with people around (which is most of the time for me).  I never use a nursing shawl/cover thing - my babies never...
I love Bravado nursing bras too. And I LOVE their nursing tanks.  They are pricey - but I've had both Target and Bravado and hands-down - Bravado wins!  They are a much more flattering cut/shape and they are more supportive.  I second the no-underwire thing - your boobs will not need it - they will be plenty perky all on their own and the underwire is uncomfortable and can cause plugged ducts, from what I hear.    A plug for Bravado - everything I bought for my...
Hey everybody... Wow I can't believe how time is flying!  We've finally begun planning for the birth - finding a place (we've got no housing for August just yet) and gathering the birth kit.  I usually deliver at 37 1/2 weeks, which, since I'm 29 weeks, puts me about 8 1/2 - 9 weeks out from the birth.  There's a chance that we may be moving back to the US prior to the birth, but I won't know for 2-3 more weeks.  I'm trying not to contemplate the dif't scenarios too much...
Also - if your bp is really high and staying too high - maybe it is time to go in and just get checked out.  They can give you meds to bring down your bp if it's getting out of control.  My sister was on bp meds during pregnancy and they did the trick.  
so... a bit off topic - I've read that potassium can significantly reduce bp (not sure about protein in urine)... I have to watch my bp - and so I eat at least 3 bananas a day, as much spinach as I can manage, and lots of potatoes too.  That along with exercise and getting rest, are my best lowering bp weapons.  
I would not recommend this - but I flew at 36 weeks with my first - long story ;).  I didn't tell the airline I was prego and they didn't ask.  So, it's a pretty wide-open envelope and a very personal decision.  Ideally - I would fly up until about 34 weeks and have very few concerns.  But that's just me!  And yes, it depends on the airline as well. 
Hey - Sounds like it could be normal - if you're feeling movement each day, that's most important.  If you're really worried - I would try lying down and maybe shifting positions after having drunk a glass of juice and just wait for the movement.  That usually gets my babies moving.    My babies have not all been the same.  My first was a nut.  My second was more relaxed.  This baby is more like the first - very active.    And, I believe there would be no harm in...