or Connect

Posts by Smirkin

I'm going to be using AIOs soon so I was wondering if dryer balls would shorten the drying time in the dryer (assuming I don't line dry). Or would throwing a dry towel in with the load work just as well? Or does nothing work?
also very similar to juliacat - but my first cold wash is a soak, I try to let it sit for at least 5 hours but sometimes I cut it short if necessary. Then I do a hot heavy wash (I turn my hot water all the way up) and then a second cold rinse. I sometimes use a little bit of powdered detergent in the soak (biokleen) and always in the hot wash - approx 1/8 inch of powder. Then I dry in the dryer on hot, or line dry if it is anything with elastic (we use mostly prefolds...
So according the various websites, only "closed system" pumps can safely be shared. And according to the description in the packaging, the Avent ISIS iQ DUO is a closed system but it is not FDA approved for multiple users. Can anyone explain why this is? I have to go back to work in three days. A generous friend gave me this pump (it was hers) and this whole time I thought it was fine because it's a closed system. Now it seems like it might not be fine....any words...
I am looking for an affordable quality natural fiber Ai2 (ha, aren't we all ). I tried bottombumpers, and love them but DD is kind of between sizes - she's almost a perfect medium except the rise is too long on her so they leak a tiny bit. But I love the design, the natural fiber inner, and the snap-in soaker. I tried nana's bottoms and love them except for the 900 years it takes them to dry, and I also don't like the idea that the soaker is sewn in - doesn't seem...
I already posted this question in the regular diapering forum and didn't get much response, so I thought I'd also post here just to see if I can get more feedback... I ordered a custom skirty from a woman on another discussion board, and it arrived without leg cuffs. The leg openings are totally unfinished, just an edge. I asked her about it and she said that because we hadn't discussed a specific leg opening (i.e. ruffle or something) that she had just left it as...
Hi Are you exclusively breastfeeding? I learned that sometimes there just is no containing that runny breastmilk poo. I, too, tried every fold under the sun, came onto this forum begging for help, and then one day I just realized that sometimes, the poop just comes out, and this is why we have covers! I know it's frustrating, and for us, there were two specific folds that ended up containing MOST messes. The jelly roll, which I could not do to save my life but my DH...
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I ordered a custom skirty from a WAHM who had advertised herself on another discussion board. She sent it to me without any sort of leg cuff - it's a totally unfinished end around the legs. I asked her about it, and she is basically saying that since we didn't discuss a leg ruffle or anything that she just left it as is. Am I wrong to think that all skirties or soakers should have some sort of leg cuff? Or I...
Hmmm, I read another post about swim diapers, and someone said you can use prefolds with a plastic pant....any comments on this? She is still BFing, but not exclusively, so her poop is definitely not as runny as when she was EBF.
does anyone have any experience with a cloth swim diaper not working as well as a disposable? I'll be using one official "swim diaper" made of cloth, and I was also thinking of using some unstuffed fuzzi bunz, which I've been told can be used as swim diapers. My DD is 7 months and we'll be hanging out with a bunch of other family for two weeks at my parents' house and in their pool, so I'd hate for the diaper to leak poo or something and have it put the pool out of...
I have a new solarveil ring sling but am now thinking of getting a gauze wrap instead. The fabric just seems too scratchy to me, though I admit I haven't really used it much with DD yet. I do love wrapping though, and so does DH, so I'm thinking a gauze wrap might be better all around. I know gypsy mama makes a water wrap out of swimsuit material, but that just sounds way too hot to me. Any thoughts on gauze wraps vs solarveil ring sling? I want something that is...