or Connect

Posts by SiouxSweet

Well, we found that it got better once we left elementary school. Our district's homework and general curriculum was often not developmentally appropriate and often didn't make sense in sequence, no matter if the child was gifted or not. A lot of us were shaking our heads very often. I just said things like, "Yep, it's crazy, ain't it!" and agreed without admitting that my kid had an easier time of it. I still didn't like the way things were being taught --...
Wait until they get older! It's even more fun. My daughter is now 14. She is following the election coverage like a professional commentator. She recently made a kid cry on the stand at mock trial competition, and just asked for a gift - - the Teaching Company's full set of lectures on argumentation and advanced Geometry. I got the argumentation, as I need to watch it with her to keep up. I don't want to parent a teen who has taken college level classes on...
My son went gluten-free and dairy-free five years ago for my son's autism, then when we felt better eating his diet, we started testing family members. We have found that all of my kids and I are gluten intolerant, and have a variety of celiac genes and celiac symptoms. We do eat meat - organic, and I do some raw dairy -- just a little, but not for my son. He needs to stay dairy free for now. We can eat at Outback Steakhouse, and we eat at a salad place in our...
I wish I had some good ones for you, but I don't. Been chronically disappointed. We had one PA we loved but she moved to Tampa last year. It's a bummer. I've been called a criminal for not vaccinating. And I have a kid with autism.....
Um....I wouldn't expose a 10 month old to anything if I could help it. I prefer the virus to the vaccine, but 10 months is young to deliberately expose a child. Is s/he nursing?
My son with Asperger's used it. I LOVED IT! He tolerated it...far better than any other program, and started to really like it when he saw improvements. In one book, he brought his writing up from preK-K level to about 2nd grade. He'll be in fourth this year, so he was really behind. I'll try cursive in 5th. It made him a much faster writer, which lessened the effort he had to put in to it. He's a happier boy now. HWT was worth it for us!!!!!
Yes, this is me. I am unmedicated. Research now shows that ADD, and Tourette's are on the autism spectrum. Who knows exactly what I am, other than I have annoying sensory issues, and ADHD -- including being a former adrenaline junkie. Things that help: A huge wall calendar. No clutter. Low volume television,Magnesium. Gluten free Diet Doing laundry every day. Exercise. Clean house. And for some reason, drinking tons of water helps with anxiety. If I have...
I am new here and loving this thread!! Already cut and pasted so many links to check out this summer. I'm very glad I found you guys. This were getting a little stale with my attitude. Want to put in my two cents. www.spellingcity.com is a totally free spelling site that lets you put lists of words in as a homeschooling mom, and your children can get tested and play games with your (their) lists and other lists on the site. I have a 10 and a 12 and they both use it. ...
Hi, I want to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm Su, from Florida. Looking forward to sharing and learning here! Thanks.