or Connect

Posts by dogretro

I was just coming to post this, I felt mine for the first time last night! 10ish weeks here. Def not gas :) I was laying on my back in bed at night, that's always been the best time to feel my babies. Moved around quite a bit for a little while then stopped. Pretty sure I felt it again this morning while laying on couch, but not certain. Will lay quietly again tonight and see what happens. That is how I first felt both of my other two. They were later, but each has...
I don't have much helpful except to say that soon you will have more energy and your breasts will probably hurt less. For a guy, it's this whole new weird responsibility thing that they maybe thought they could handle smoothly and are now freaking out. Kind of how we all picture that we will be that cute, perky pg lady & we end up laying on the couch, hair uncombed, dirty sweatpants, eating olives from the jar. My husband did not react negatively during any of my...
I had a natural hospital vbac w/ my second child. First was scheduled breech c/s, so there was no reason to believe a vbac would be unsuccessful. That said, I did heavily consider a hbac, but did not pursue it b/c I had never given birth vaginally before. Dh and I were comforted by being in the hospital w/ midwives. We are also both outspoken & able to stand up for ourselves, so were not afraid of the hospital. It was a wonderful experience, no problems at all. For this...
Our family is v laid back academically and we follow a lot of Waldorf stuff. Will be homeschooling, may purchase W curriculum around age seven, not sure. Unschooling for now. DD1 is almost 4 and she can do almost everything on that list. I didn't find anything unusual about it. Just today, she wanted to take her bike out (small w/ training wheels) and is just learning to pedal it for real. Not even good yet, but really working. Been doing letters forever, has always been...
I have not. With dd2, they did not see me until 12 weeks anyway, so there is no rush imo. This time, dh is not sure about a homebirth (it would be our first). Until he decides, I'm not calling anyone. If that means I'm seven months, so be it. I do have a hb midwife lined up & told her not to expect to hear from me for a while.
I'm hoping for a homebirth, but dh is not completely sold on it. I already had my unmedicated vbac, so I know I can do it. Have a hb midwife lined up, but until he decides, I'm not seeing anybody.
I'm trying to get dh on board w/ Jasper, too, heehee. We have serious naming difficulties as our tastes are complete opposites in this area. If we have a third girl, poor thing will never get named!
So sad to hear this, ladies :(
Ibuprofen is NOT acceptable during pregnancy! http://arthritis.emedtv.com/nsaids-(nonsteroidal-anti-inflammatory-drugs)/nsaids-and-pregnancy.html Codeine, vicadin, and percocet are okay, which is weird. Tylenol is also okay, but prob not enough for they pain you have. If you go in for a look, they will prob prescribe you something heavier.   I am actually going in for a root canal on Monday. It's one I knew I needed, but I was waiting for my insurance roll-over at...
I think it's also important to stop and think about what life is like for the average school-attendee.  Math class isn't WOW SHABANG every day. There is one, two if lucky, major field trips per year. Yes, you rotate rooms, but all learning takes place in the same building every day. Go home, do homework, sports practice, eat dinner, watch tv & play, go to bed. Most people in this country live ordinary lives, that's why it's called "ordinary"! Nothing wrong with it. My...