or Connect

Posts by dogretro

As a vbac mom whose first baby was persistent breech, NOPE, no problem at all requesting an ulstrasound! In fact, with this baby, it was transverse then breech for a while. I was almost certain that it flipped one night a day or two before a m/w appointment & told her. I was having trouble determining for sure, so she felt & also was uncertain. B/c my m/w's practice out of a hospital, she was able to wheel the u/s machine in and do a literal seconds-long u/s to show baby...
IMO, it would depend on if it were an item that had limited items or undefined boundaries. For example, like you said, anyone can make more brownies, provided there is more mix/more ingredients in the house, so anyone can eat their fill. One cannot magically make more ice cream sandwiches appear, there are six in the box. My oldest is only four, but we are soon to have three kids. I point out to her, when she wants to eat all of something that I bought just for her, that...
DD1 is four and is going to full-day Headstart this year (her first preschool experience). Dh and I are definitely into not formally teaching her to read, just letting it flow organically. That said, she has always been a v academic kid, knowing (and recognizing) her letters at age two, memorizing full books, etc. She currently wants to learn how to tell time, is learning about coin money, asks what different signs say when we are out, traces letters & can write many of...
Anesthesia for dental work tends to need to be pre-approved for dental insurance to cover it, IF they will. If the doc does not take insurance, insurance is not going to reimburse you. They pay the doctor, not reimburse you.
Katherine, I have brown hair and am married to a man with blond hair. I have been asked if dd1's dad is blond since she is. Uhhh, duh, yes. Blonde hair, esp on kids, is not even unusual!   "Don't you know what causes that?" "No, what?" Either the convo will end there or continue.. "Sex." "OH, is that it?! But my husband and I really like having sex with each other!"   "Don't you know what causes that?" "Yup, and we're really good at it :) "   Are...
1, 3, and 5: Play-Doh. Not even necessarily one of those goofy fancy sets, but a basic cutter set w/ a giant pack of dough containers. Buy from Amazon so that shipping is cheap or free. My kiddos LOVE Play-Doh and go thru cans of it like it's water. Or art supplies. Not kits, just general supplies. Again, order it all together for better shipping. Highlights magazine publishes High Five, which is for the preschool set. My girls love this magazine.   I am partial to...
I'm fairly certain that teeth were designed for the sole purpose of slowly driving us insane. I had great teeth as a kid: no braces, white, some cavities but nothing catastrophic. My childhood dentist did point out to my mother and I that I had exceptionally "groovy" teeth, which greatly contributed to more cavities. A dentist I had as an adult said that some cavities occur b/c grooves on the biting surface can be smaller than one brush bristle, so there is no way to...
Yeah, it's no big deal, it's part of their job. You don't have to plead your case, just tell them before they start that you absolutely do not want to know the sex, that's it! We've had three, found out with one. This last one, since I can tell, I kept turning my head away out of paranoia, lol. Going between the legs is one of the last things they do, anyway. The sex does not make it to the report, but it does not hurt to tell your doc/mw at your next appointment after...
Broody, thank you so much for writing about your birth story and the emotions surrounding it. My second daughter's heart rate dropped v low at the v end and my husband defines that moment as the most terrifying of his life. I was not scared since, as the one doing the birthing, I knew she was almost out. That experience put him off of homebirthing permanently (we've never attempted one). I really wanted to go for a homebirth this time around, but went with his wishes and...
I will tell you what: I am currently somewhere around 35 weeks pregnant AND I have a two-yr-old along w/ my 4-yr-old. Things got so bad w/ our oppositional 4yrold that I flat-out told my husband: That's it, I cannot take this every day, she is going to school. So we went from a hard-core "WE ARE HOMESCHOOLING" family to sending our daughter to full-time public preschool. Did I mention that I made this decision at the end of July? We did Waldorf Morning Garden for the...