or Connect

Posts by dogretro

Did they recently stop calling it a heplock? Two years ago, my midwives called it a heplock. At any rate, I didn't trust the hospital to leave me w/ an IV and not sneak anything in it, so I went w/ the lock. The triage nurse SUCKED and injured my hand to the point where it hurt more than my privates after birth :/ The nurse in L&D was so smooth, I didn't even notice that she was doing it except that I saw her (I was in a lot of pain at this point anyway, lol). Continuous...
I had a successful vbac & am pg for the third time. The thing is, you cannot predict how sick you will be w/ any pregnancy. I was actually MORE sick with baby #2. It was horrible. Baby number three? Barely sick at all. So, while I totally hear you on wanting to avoid sickness, cuz that is the only part of pg that I cannot STAND (well, that and exhaustion :) ), that can happen vaginal birth or not. So, decide if you can/are willing to deal with that (drugs are excellent...
Wow! Congratulations! Many wishes for a strong and healthy boy, which is sounds like he already is :)
I use Fluffy's Diapers snap covers. She sells on etsy. Insanely cute and the sizes last for a loooong time. A medium would fit your kiddo from now until past age two.
The summer reading program at the library always offers little junky toys & also free books & shirts for kids who read a certain amount. This includes toddlers who are being read to! We want kids to enjoy reading b/c reading is enjoyable, but even the library doesn't trust that kids won't read unless forced to or bribed.   How have swimming lessons gone? I was esp interested in how your daughter processed her experience. I think it speaks volumes that she had some...
We are pretty free w/ the treats b/c I have a huge sweet tooth & b/c we just don't want it to be that big of a deal. Kids are 4 & 2. They will ask for candies and I almost always give it to them. They don't have to earn them, just ask. Turns out, they only ask 1-3 times per day. DD1 is really good at self-regulation wrt food & will often turn down treats that she doesn't really care for. DD2 seems to be following along w/ decent self-reg, but she has a much stronger...
This is why we use both cutesie words and technical words. In general, we call girl parts "peenie" (for a boy, it would be peener). Both of my girls (4 & 2) know that it is also called vulva. They will say either & the younger pronounces it "oval" which I think is hilarious. They can identify it, I prompt them to call it both, they don't have shame. I cannot think of anything else to call genitals that is not cutesie b/c anything else is a nickname. You could call it V....
Makes total sense. I've cared for quite a few newborns in my short time. The owh sound sounds whiney, v obviously a tired cry. That one stood out to me immediately. Heh to me sounds like they are looking for help. It is a more desperate sounding cry. The gas one sounds like a cry they would make if they got hurt. Neh sounds like a generic baby cry, probably b/c they are always hungry!
The funny thing is, dandylez, you will take a final picture and then, looking back, be unable to believe that you were really that big :)
People are just rude and ignorant, period.   We have two girls and have not found out the sex of this baby. I get a ton of boy comments, but it's easier since a) I don't know the baby's sex & b) Yes, we both do want a boy. It makes it a little more fun, not rude. People have asked if we are done after this b/c it's #3, or if we will try again if it's a girl. I think we would both love to try again if it is a girl, but it's incredibly unlikely. My response, since I do...