or Connect

Posts by LCBMAX

Yah, he's still just barely 35 pounds, so we're technically fine, and even the dangling ankles don't come near the front wheel. But I do see the end of the iBert in sight. We did just get a used Adams? trailer bike, but I want to practice with that some more first (and get stronger) before we take it on the trail. Also, he's not super confident balance wise, and gee, I love that we have these nice sing a longs and chats while we ride with him up front.    Big Surly...
Hey there -   I've started this! My 4+ yo son has outgrown the iBert but he can still squeeze into it with ankles dangling, so that's what we're doing. I have to drive to a bike path since the road in between home and there is too dangerous, but then we're off! And some days, I do pick up like that too. It's been great for us both - I'm getting exercise, desperately needed, and he's got a lighter attitude at the transitions than just going in the car.   How are...
  Well I actually started another thread on the subject of calorie counting because I am so confused by it. I really don't know what the magic number is for letting me lose weight without triggering a starvation response that ultimately makes me gain. I'm not nursing, so I'm keeping it at slightly under 1200. This is definitely a fuzzy number since most of the food I eat is on the fly with no time to weigh it, but when I do have time, I test my guessing and then measure,...
Fun to be in a new color this round! Maybe I'll be a better red player than I was a blue. But let me tell ya mamas, I'm soooo determined. I'm counting calories which I've never done before, and exercising more than in the past 4 years. It's just GOT to have an effect. I'm considering myself officially at a pre-menopausal brick wall, and I'm bringing my sledgehammer.   So, 153.8   and I'll see ya next week. I'm inspired!
I've never before been a calorie counter, though sometimes a carb counter, but for some reason I got all reactionary and refused to count calories... til now.   I'm hitting some kind of pre-menopausal metabolic brick wall, and can't seem to lose anything by my traditional methods (reduce refined carbs, increase exercise.) So now I'm calorie counting. And exercising a LOT more.   My BMI is 25.6 with my weight at 154 and my age at 44.   So, can someone tell me...
OK, I'm here like dbsam, I made a very poor showing in the last round, but wow am I motivated now.   Have never counted calories before, just carbs, but now I'm doing both (on sparkpeople, same username.)   Have rearranged my life for 30 min exercise or more per day dammit.   Have GOT to get over this hump or I'm gonna end up sick and too bummed out to even get dressed!   Will be back on the 21st!
154.   Really really mystified why my weight went up so much during this challenge, and why it was such a struggle to get it back down but still not below starting. Beginning to think I have just crossed some mystical invisible premenopausal threshold that make all my old (2 year old) weight loss techniques almost useless. I may have to switch to being someone who goes to the gym for 2 hours a day, etc. Gonna figure out my new skills and skip the next challenge - too...
BFM - I too am inspired by your work. What do you think made the difference for you this time? I was considering skipping the next one because I have so disappointed myself this challenge.
I'm getting this a lot lately, as well as "I gotta do what I gotta do!" For example - "It's not dinner time and you can't make me wash my hands and I never want to eat again!"   I usually give him some agreement followed by limitations:   "You're mostly right - I'm NOT in charge of whether or not you eat, or drink or pee or sleep or choose to play with planes instead of trains, am !? Who is in charge of those things?"   and he loves saying "I AM!" and then I...
154   Neither better nor worse. Spent the week sick in bed. TRY TRY AGAIN.