or Connect

Posts by LCBMAX

Almost certainly! Her regular hearing check should confirm it for you.    I still have to cover my son's ears for certain noises, but he's also super tuneful musically, so maybe there's an upside.
I always WISHED I could find a medical-type reason, but for us it was just the way it was. I tried night weaning at I think 14 months, and got a really strong instinctive hit that it was the wrong time for my son. At 25 months, it was a piece of cake. I then moved out of the family bed for a year and my husband and son deepened an already close relationship while I recovered some energy (still not done with that, but I'm back in the bed.)   That said, my confidence...
We're kind of losing it here. He's been getting up earlier and earlier from a do-able 6am - we're now back to 5am. He quit naps last summer, and goes down like a dream at 7:30 - 8pm. He's never been the kid who slept the most - always has been on the lower edge of recommended hours for his age. He's also an only child, and we don't use tv, and time outs have also not felt right to us for this boy's personality. His "toasty bed" is right next to our large family bed, and...
My son's hearing has also always been super sensitive. Are you wondering if it's normal? It is.
Well, I'm gonna sub here because my son has a tendency toward a thing he calls "arm flesh". We have a different scenario since he's almost 4, and he didn't start this horrid upper arm pinching thing til last summer when he was (child-led) weaning - but I agree that there is a compulsive element to it, like with your son. I had to quit wearing short sleeve shirts all last summer, and then the weather turned so I forgot about it. In the meantime, he fully weaned and now...
There's a forum for Tribes, and you might do well to post there too in the TX tribe...
Similar age son here, generally a dear sweetie, but lately... vicious moments.   I do that thing that lovepickles says about tending the dog, and I have a stock phrase "We NEVER hurt other beings, and your dog feels sad right now, let's try to make her feel safe and loved. She loves the way you usually pet her, can you do that right now to help her feel better? Oh look, she's wagging her tail, she really likes that, let's do that some more!"    etc, etc, and when...
mmmmm - nice! Now I need a blood pressure cuff!
My son LOVES "giving shots" and using real stethoscopes, and if all else fails, I'll just get him a cheaper nurses stethoscope, but it would be great if there were a whole kit that really works and uses minimal plastic and can hold up to a child's idea of "gentle".   Got one to recommend?   Thanks.
Thanks OP for the start of this thread and to the responders thus far. It sounds like "Killing Monsters" is a book for parents? I'll look into it.   Maybe some of you experienced mamas of boys could recommend some other books (you've mentioned doing good reading) about how to help guide the "violent play" issue?   Husband and I are both super pacific and yet we don't want to stifle this expression of energy that we believe is part of natural boy (and often girl)...