or Connect

Posts by LCBMAX

Great replies! Thanks all. I'm going to give us a break and try not trying for awhile. How great to have your input.... ahhhh.
I've been trying the No Cry Sleep Solution techniques since my son was born, especially the "Great Pantley Pull-Off", but still -- no dope. He is 7 months old now, and still we do the pull-off thing at least 3, often more than 10 times when I am nursing him down. He un-latches on his own about 3 times per month. Should I keep trying? Is this a trick my kid just won't learn? Does it just take longer? Is it so terrible to nurse him down to limp la la land instead? I have to...
Ok, this sounds very familiar. I had such terrible pain that I was sure I'd have to wean. The only way I made it through the pain of the first 4 weeks was the hope I got from my cousin who said she had pain til 8 weeks. At 8 weeks, someone else gave me hope by saying their pain was gone at 12 weeks. At 12 weeks I was more miserable than ever. Treatment for yeast (we had no symptoms) didn't help. Also no help from LC, OT, LMT, MD -- no one had a consistent answer or remedy....
Me too - I suspect my 7 month old does this to control flow. It's not obvious to me that it only happens at let-down, but it seems likely. Hope someone with an answer and a remedy pipes in here.
Same question in our house. We are sleeping on a king size mattress on the floor with the crib mattress next to it, and a body pillow between the crib mattress and the wall. I've been wondering what to do now that baby can crawl and wants to walk, and I'm thinking about surrounding the baby's bed with pillows with little bells sewn on them so I'll hear on the monitor if he starts to make a break for it. He won't get more than a little bonk by the time I get there... I think.
Same question in our house. We are sleeping on a king size mattress on the floor with the crib mattress next to it, and a body pillow between the crib mattress and the wall. I've been wondering what to do now that baby can crawl and wants to walk, and I'm thinking about surrounding the baby's bed with pillows with little bells sewn on them so I'll hear on the monitor if he starts to make a break for it.
YES! I did, for sure. I actually only got spraying when I got the oversupply under some control -- not before 10 weeks. the kellymom tricks really helped me, too.
I like jack newman's point in one of his online videos that in cultures where the baby is expected to be held nonstop by mama, some of the behaviors we worry about are considered in the range of normal. if one of these mamas has undersupply, or oversupply, or someothersupply, and her baby nurses non-stop, nobody sees it as a problem. the baby is nursing, and the mama has help, that's all that's needed to know that all is well. congratulations!
yes, we moved up to a level 2 - no dice. in the past 3 days he is seeming to enjoy a sippy cup, but he can't really handle the flow. he loves holding it himself. today while he was enjoying splashing around w/ the sippy, i reintroduced the bottle, and he took a few sucks. hope springs eternal...
My 4 month old has been breastfed since birth with dad giving day and night finger/ syringe feeds from week 2-4, and night only bottle feeds of EBM since week 4. This past week he is refusing the bottle (makes a face, turns away, frets if pushed) so it has been just breast. My nipple soreness has never gone away since birth (a subject for another thread) and I have been dependent on baby and dad feeding without me at night to keep my pain levels manageable. Needless to...