or Connect

Posts by Seie

I haven't been here in a long time, but needed a place to get this off my heart. I don't know any of you any longer, but I hope you don't mind taking a few moments to read this and share your thoughts on this subject.   In short, I left my childrens father because of domestic abuse around 5 years ago. I got through that allright. It was tough, but I did it. I felt the best I have probably felt about myself in my adult life. I was everything I wanted to be. I loved life,...
Thanks both of you. Things took a big turn this morning. My boyfriend and I broke up. Im a bit of a mess right now, but it will be ok. It feels like the right decision. And it was mutual which is a first for me. We have been on the same path for two years now, and now we must go our separate ways.    Sorry this post is messy, but somehow I must have sensed that we were approaching the end. We've both known for a while I guess, but now we had "the talk" and it only...
Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I was last a regular here. Life has me occupied big time and I don't know if anyone will remember me, but I could use the wise words of all you clever women, so any input or resource you can help with will be greatly appreciated.   My story is this. I am a single mother of three children, ages 5, 6 and 8. Approximately 4 years ago I left their father who was verbally abusive and mentally very unstable. It was hard work...
I can see why he would feel it was "gross"  - most kids think it is "gross" to even imagine that parents - or any other adults for that matter - have sex. Well welcome to the real world.. You did nothing wrong. You are an adult - you decide when to have sex and with who. Even IF he was at home I don't see how it would be wrong of you to have sex with your boyfriend - in your own freakin bedroom. I think you should simply tell him that you are sorry - not for having sex...
My nephew was stillborn yesterday evening at 10.30 pm. 
Yes, there is news. Not good I'm afraid. My brother just called me two hours ago. SIL went into labor again this morning and the sac is starting to bulge out between the sutures of the cerclage. They stopped the meds and are allowing things to go their course. Nothing more they can do. She hasn't given birth yet, but could be any time. She is 22 weeks. I told my brother if they want, it is possible to fight for the baby even this early though the chances would be slim....
Thanks for the thoughts. They performed the cerclage yesterday successfully. I have read through a lot of studies concerning this procedure and it seems that the greatest risk about this surgery is the risk of membrane rupture during the procedure. Now that they managed that successfully there is a chance they can postpone birth - possibly even past 32 weeks. We are all hoping. No guarentees though. The first doctor they met after SIL was admitted told them that there...
Thanks. Things are not looking so good. She is completely effaced and bulging bag of water. They are doing emergency cerclage in an hour to try to postpone birth as long as possible. I have tried to research the procedure and it does seem necessary because of the protruding water, as without the surgery there is a risk of bacteria attacking the sac causing rupture. But the procedure is risky too. This is so difficult for them. Please send all your thoughts in their...
My SIL was admitted yesterday with preterm labor. She is 21 weeks pregnant. They managed to slow things down and she was doing ok yesterday afternoon but was 3 cm dilated. It started with her loosing the plug in the morning, so they went in. Today they are doing a cervical cerclage (suture) in the hopes, that it will prolong her pregnancy long enough that they can save their little boy. They have been TTCing for years, and finally succeeded with IVF at the second attempt...
I haven't read through the entire thread but I do have some opinions of this that I want to share.   First - when kids are left alone and when they are - by the community in general - considered old enough to handle themselfes for various periods of time is VERY much a cultural issue.   Being european and reading a thread like this in a predominantly US forum, I find that my opinions and what I experience to be the norm among parents in my community differ a lot...