or Connect

Posts by sunshineafterrain

Ok, so I really don't have the supplies or space to set this up on a white board but really wanted to try Kanban.   So I went into the word program on my computer and created a document with columns and rows. In order to still have a nice large font and still fit it on the screen, I did 2 columns of "To Do"   This let me enter daily health reminders like "Drink Water" & "Eat Fruit" and daily chore reminders like "Dishes" & "Sweep Floor" as well as project type...
This thread is a bit old, but I wanted to say that I love this idea! I had never heard of a Kanban and I am going to try it-- thank you for sharing!
I agree about the photos, and 'some' of the son's things. It is very sad that the relationship is so toxic that her mother is unwilling to ship those. Hopefully someone else can step in and go through the stuff and ship those   If not, the situation sounds too stressful and mental health is more important than things- even photos   Honestly, if no one can step in then I would just pretend there was a fire and everything was burned and be done with it   I am...
Love your reply mum4vr!   I have a home daycare and the toys are such a stumbling block. Every time the children start to have behavior problems reducing the amount of toys always helps. I think I will use your idea of having them choose which toys to have out- and I'm sure they'll be more ruthless than me! lol  Less is more  
Could you rent out your basement? If so, then the whole house would be used, you could pay down your mortgage and have extra cash.   If your family grows and you need the space again you can stop renting out the basement and use that space for your family.  
young house love and zen habits   I look forward to other ones too!
It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh is good too, he recommends starting with a vision of what you want your life to be, then what you wish each room in your house to be- and then it is easier to get rid of things because you can ask yourself if it stands in the way of your dreams   I would also look into books on ADHD/ADD   I am reading this one...
Yes indecision gets me too, that and procrastination, and not having a place for everything I've cleaned out a drawer and put virtually every thing back into it just because it was too hard to "decide" I'm also notorious for doing this with all the stray batteries, pen caps, paper clips, screws and other assorted tiny items that get thrown in the junk drawer...I did throw it all out one time~ but it took *tremendous* effort and I was quite uncomfortable and guilty...
I've seen some cute kids kitchens made from entertainment centers but if that is not something you would do or would even want, then I would get rid of it too I hear you on the horizontal surfaces! I am trying to eliminate them wherever possible, it's a losing battle for me For your chest freezer...could you possibly put the stacking baskets into a large decorative wicker basket? I am thinking that being able to move them all at once, when you need the freezer,...