or Connect

Posts by Just1More

Hi Sosu!   What I've come to over the last 7 years of dealing with this, is that it isn't okay to touch someone without their consent.  Even if you are being gentle.  Even if they are another kid.  Even if you are cute.    So, I've taught my kids to ask before hugging, "Would you like a hug?", etc.  For my kids who have been mauled by other extrovert love, and especially when the other parent's pleas of gentle and nice touch and kind and all that weren't getting...
A tent behind the couch   food coloring in the bathtub   container of sand and a few matchbox cars (deck)   once I saved all our containers that came with lids for a few months.  my kids LOVED taking the lids off and on, especially the screw ones   and, other natural puzzles...like a flashlight he can take apart and put back together   magnets   But, and also helpful to you...what about supper prep...and will let him get his own snack?   My...
I've had a lot of luck in similar situations with telling them what they *should* do.  He's hurting himself to get your attention/sympathy, when that is what he wanted in the first place.  So, give him something he can do to express that in a way that he knows will work for him.  The next time I saw him about to hurt himself (or expected he was going to from being told no, etc), I would intervene beforehand and say something like, "Ds wants x.  Mama needs y.  Mama will...
nak.  Sorry I missed that. :)
Well, I am very...fragile?...right now, too.   It is sleep deprivation and hormones.  I know it's hormones because there are other thing going on, too.  Like, my teeth are really sensitive, and rubbing my hand on anything wooden gives me that fingernails on a chalkboard feeling.  And, I'm having dizzy spells.  And, this always happens to me about this point.    But, it doesn't make me feel any better about how hard it is to keep myself together.  And how I keep...
We have about 3k right now, and 3 acres. 4 bed, 2.5 bath. 2 adults, 5 kids. In two weeks we are moving to a 3 bed apartment 950 sq feet, no yard and no storage. I've been really lamenting the yard. I think that with the right floor plan, I could happily live in a very small place as long as we could get outside.
I've changed my mind, by the way.  If a pro vax subforum is a way to keep the peace, and, more importantly, all for good solid discussion, then I'm all for it.   It does feel a bit like separating small children when they can't play nicely, though.
I agree that it shouldn't be done in a judgemental way, but one of the reasons I (and many) do not vaccinate my children is because I believe they will be healthier.  There is nothing wrong with me (or others) asking questions to divine whether or not this is true.  In asking those questions, a person many need to make pointed references to irl examples.  It doesn't mean that it is true that non vaxed kids are healthier than vaxed kids (there are SO many variables!), but...
Yuck.   AND the trash created by that endeavor.  I suppose no worse than the mountain of paper towels used to dry their hands by normal washing, but...   Maybe you could send a wet washcloth in a ziplock baggie for her each day.  She can take it out and use it, then put it back in and bring it home for washing?   Maybe you could suggest that all the children bring in 3 washcloths at the beginning of the year, and you'd be happy to pick them up every other day...
I'll be interested to hear whether or not the pattern thing is accurate for you.   I've had five babies, and other than their super active time being relatively consistent, nothing has carried over.  I think because before they are born they do their own thing, but afterwards we change their environment.  Like today, baby dd would have slept this morning, but we were running errands and had her in and out of the car.  So, this afternoon she was cranky from being over...