or Connect

Posts by Just1More

Just read your updates.  Yeah!  She's off the vent. I'm praying right now for her to be able to nurse soon! 
I'm working my way toward UC.  My first was a typical hosptial birth.  I am thankful that I was mostly respected, and things didn't get out of hand.  I didn't really push for things that were important to me, though.  My second was at a hospital with a homebirth friendly midwife.  She was awesome, but the hospital stuff was still stupid.  As soon as she left, things got exhausting.  My third was at home with a midwife.  She was pretty hands-off, but still did heart tones...
Masel-Is he your third baby?  You said dd2 was 7m. What was your first?  My first was 13m, and then it was several months before things regulated.  My second was 6m, and again several months before it evened out.  I never had one after my third, and was pg again when she was 9.5m.  My fourth was weird the whole time.  Around 4m, things were starting to happen, but didn't regulate for what felt like forever.  My body was just all messed up.  I was pg again at 11m.  I say...
It depends.  If I am alone with the kids, or standing near them and no one else notices, absolutely.  But, most of the stuff I've mentioned happens while I am stuck in a conversation with the parent.  It's pretty awkward to have to stop a conversation to correct someone else's child.  Dh and I did start having super planned activities for when we are with those families, and he and I tag team the whole time...one of us does kids, the other tries to converse with the...
Me!  My babies have always loved to copy my faces, and for me to talk and sing to them.
Wow.  How scary!  I will definitely be praying for your family!
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a13003115/has_anyone_had_a_negative_blood_test_but_still_been_pregnant   I'm sure you've been all over the web, but here's something I found from a quick google search.  :)  Maybe you've not read it yet? 
Pretty much like you say.  I just feel around and try to find something obvious, like a head or bottom, and then trace the back from there.  Legs and arms stick out the sides, etc.  Spinningbabies.com has diagrams to help you.  17 weeks is still early to be able to feel much, though.   Do you have any homebirth midwives near you?  Maybe you could call one and explain what is going on and see if she will take a look and she what she thinks.  She might be willing to see you...
Cookie, try loosening the straps of the moby so your baby hangs much lower.  Then he can be upright and latch on to nurse.  Maybe that would work.